Randy Couture Makes Predictions for June 18th Strikeforce GP Fights

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
img_20875_afflictions-randy-couture-predicts-ufc-130-frank-mir-vs-roy-nelson_large.jpg
Affliction has recently started putting out videos where owner Tom Atencio sits down with UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture and they go through their picks for major events. They did a few UFC events, and now have decided to cover the two Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix bouts this weekend. Each is done in a separate video, which is kind of humorous because as of the time I'm writing this, the prediction video for Alistair Overeem vs. Fabricio Werdum has 7820 views, and the video predicting Josh Barnett vs. Brett Rogers has...496 views. Ouch.

Both videos are below the jump for your viewing pleasure, but I'm going to spoil them right here, right now. So if you want to watch the video and be surprised, don't continue reading and just click through.

Overeem vs. Werdum:

Randy: I'm calling Werdum. I think Werdum is gonna get the job done. It's his time right now.

Tom: I'm gonna go ahead and pick Werdum as well, mine's for a little bit different reason, we sponsor him, and I like the kid.

Barnett vs. Rogers:

Randy: I'm picking Josh. I think Josh is gonna work his way around Brett and Brett's size and Brett's power, but it's gonna be a fight.

Tom: I'm gonna go with Josh. Personally, I would love to see, just because of the history which we all know about, but if we don't, I personally want to see Brett knock Josh out. But that's just me, I probably shouldn't say that, I'm going out on a limb. But at the end of the day, I think Josh is gonna beat Brett.

The videos go into more detail why they're making their picks, and although it's obviously a solid breakdown, I do take issue with Randy referring to Overeem as "reckless" more than once. Anyway, check them out below.

Strikeforce_Fedor_vs_Werdum_button.jpg