Randy Couture Among Those That Feel Michael Bisping Deserves Title Shot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Former UFC champion and Hall of Famer Randy Couture is one of those in MMA who feel Michael Bisping deserves a crack at solving the puzzle that is Anderson Silva. Bisping is scheduled to face Demian Maia in January at UFC on FOX 2.

"I think he probably does. He's right up there in the top four or five guys in that weight class," said Couture, in a recent interview with ESPN.com. "You can split hairs on deciding who the No. 1 contender is. He's coming off a great outing against Jason Miller, weathered a storm and had the conditioning and great technique to finish the fight well. He's one of the top guys, so why not?"

Bisping has won four straight fights, including the finish of Miller after the two were coaches on the latest season of The Ultimate Fighter. The lone career losses for "The Count" have come at the hands of former champions Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans and Wanderlei Silva.

In announcing the Bisping-Maia fight earlier this year, UFC president Dana White also added that the winner would compete for the UFC middleweight championship later in 2012. Silva will first face the winner of Chael Sonnen-Mark Munoz, who meet at UFC on FOX 2, as well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good to see such a respected name backing Bisping. I think that he is pretty hard done by by a lot of fans and hopefully a win over Maia converts so of those skeptics into fans.