Randomness.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
So like, with the impending move coming up, I've been doing a little bit of reflection y'know, and I've totally hit an impasse.

Like this is going to sound totally arrogant on my part, but I dn't know if I can make it sound any other way but what the hell.

I'm a pretty smart guy, I grasp concepts easily, and am able to understand and remember what I am taught with very little effort. I feel like I stand on the bleeding edge of true genius but can't achieve it because of my innate apathy towards most things. Like I just don't care, and this is why psych pisses me off, because I would have all the ability in the world to help others but self diagnosis is impossible, and I'm the one I want to use it on.

Now I know I can go see someone myself to help through this mental block but there I encounter another problem. Its not the problem of seeing "help" that's helpful stuff and nothing to be ashamed of, this I know, but my ego prevents me form going because, of course, I can solve this problem myself. Right. Also my paranoia plays a bit of a factor as well because I don't necessarily trust another with my mind.

And of course the most frustrating part of all this is I know all this is true, and I have identified all the problems, but I can't set about solving them. Its like I think to myself that I can change the shit that I want to change, but then my apathy kicks in and says, well, that's just the way you are, leave it alone.

I dunno what I hope to achieve by posting this here. I've told my friends but I get the same useless subjective platitudes from them all. I dunno. Fucking frustrating.

Wrestling Station

This actually happens to so many people. The human mind sometimes get to the point of being right, even if its not truely.

1-Now i think what you can do is practice the "listening" theory. Try listen to others what they say (even if sometimes the topic itself is dumb).

2-Dont speak much. As a proverb states that silence equals gold.

3-Dont let your instincts control you. Try to always be in control.

4-When you reach that kind of state of mind, try read or search about complicated stuff. (aflaton?)

5-Try a labour kind of job that would humiliate yourself (lol just kidding).

monkeystyle

Reaction score
This actually happens to so many people. The human mind sometimes get to the point of being right, even if its not truely.

This I know, but I lack something, whatever it is to do something about it.

1-Now i think what you can do is practice the "listening" theory. Try listen to others what they say (even if sometimes the topic itself is dumb) .

This is something I need to try.

2-Dont speak much. As a proverb states that silence equals gold.

What gives you the impression I talk a lot :D

3-Dont let your instincts control you. Try to always be in control.

I think I'm in control, but I do listen to my instincts.

4-When you reach that kind of state of mind, try read or search about complicated stuff. (aflaton?)

I'm pretty much always reading that kind of stuff. Maybe I need to take a break instead?

5-Try a labour kind of job that would humiliate yourself (lol just kidding) .

The one thing I could never bring myself to do.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
lol...

you should start thinking that apathy isn't necessarly a shit.
Stoic philosophy teaches: (copied from wiki due to english limits)
The idea was to be free of suffering through apatheia (απαθεια) (Greek) or apathy, where apathy was understood in the ancient sense — being objective or having "clear judgment" — rather than simple indifference, as apathy implies today. Stoic apatheia is rather the maintenance of equanimity in the face of life's highs and lows - getting carried away by neither.

high school shit, see if it helps..

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I think I see.

Marcus Aurelius right?

Maybe I have some more reading to do.

As a side note, I wish they taught us anything like that in high school. Maybe because I went to a Catholic school.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I think I see.

Marcus Aurelius right?

Maybe I have some more reading to do.
nah.ancient greek stuff, tbh the only name i remember is Zeno of Citium, just go searching after Greek Stoicism, Epicureanism is worthy a reading too.

As a side note, I wish they taught us anything like that in high school. Maybe because I went to a Catholic school.

my high school was catholic too,and the philosophy teacher was a priest, still i always thought he was great.

i think it just depends on the instruction system,my high school courses were mostly oriented towards philosophy, history, arts and literature