Random Music Chit-Chat

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
If this has not been made, I'll go ahead and make it anyways.

I've decided to make a Random Music Discussion Thread, for all random music discussions that doesn't have their own thread. It can be small talk, big talk, discussions of artists, bands, music shows local or online, radio stations, etc,.

Let's get this going.

Right now, I'm listening to The House Of Hair.

I've listened this show almost every Saturday night. I like the songs Dee Snider plays. It's basically my usual Saturday night. But with the booze and weed, I'm enjoying the night, with the awesome sounds of heavy metal in my ears.

Reactions: Chris

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
What I don't like about the local classic rock station here from where I live, they play the same, usual songs over and over. That's why I dislike them and turn to listening to music apps iHeartRadio, Pandora or SiriusXM.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
What I don't like about the local classic rock station here from where I live, they play the same, usual songs over and over. That's why I dislike them and turn to listening to music apps iHeartRadio, Pandora or SiriusXM.

Bro I remember one time when I was young we had a long drive and I can't even remember which song it was but the station played one song legit like 7 times bc we started counting after the first couple :lol I think it was like a 5 hour drive so that's more than once an hour lmaoooo Nowadays especially since most are moving to streaming apps I guess they wanna make sure if you do tune in for just a minute or so it'll be a good song so I can see why they'd keep a short rotation.

I def just use Spotify nowadays, all I've used for like 5 years or so

Reactions: Doom

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah radio is pretty bad. I imagine in a bigger metro area you might be better off, but definitely in a more rural area like where I live, it's pretty much unbearable. Chances of me going on a long car ride without a Blue Tooth enabled speaker or an aux cord are pretty damn slim.

Reactions: Doom and Chris

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I've been listening to a lot of Rap again lately (Biggie, Nas, Gang Starr, Mobb Deep) and some others thrown in. There was a peroid where I didn't listen that sort of music but I've really got in to it lately. The flow, lyrics and beats have just got me addicted again. Especially Biggie. I've been repeating his songs over and over again for like a week.

I keep coming back to this one:

I should branch out and try to find some new rappers but I'm very set in my ways about what I like and it has to 'hit me' the right way for me to enjoy it.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
We’re halfway through the year already and there’s been some really good new music released, here’s some of my favorites so far:

St. Vincent - Daddy’s Home
Japanese Breakfast - Jubilee
Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR
girl in red - if i could make it go quiet
DMX - Exodus
God’s Hate - God’s Hate
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - L.W.
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Butterfly 3000
J. Cole - The Off-Season

I’ve really got into indie stuff year like St. Vincent and Japanese Breakfast, which I didn’t expect but it’s always good to expand your musical horizons and I’ve always been looking out for different stuff to check out.

What about y’all?

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'm very much in the Rock mood lately and to my surprise more American rock bands. That is not to say they aren't good, but I have typically always swayed towards English bands like Oasis.

I started listening to Yellowcard recently. I find their music really interesting because they blend a lot of different types of rock and I was not expecting to like them at first. The first couple of songs didn't really hit me and then I discovered this gem:

Yeah, this song sort of opened the floodgates. Started to really dig the style/pace of their music and pretty much enjoy all of their songs now.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ocean Avenue was my shit in high school

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Ocean Avenue was my shit in high school

It's funny because the first time I heard Ocean Avenue I didn't like it for whatever reason and then I played it again much later and fell in love with it. I'm weird like that with some songs.

I really had to get used to their musical style, as they definitely incooprate forms of music I typically wouldn't normally listen to.

Last edited: