Rafael 'Feijao' Cavalcante Broke His Arm in Strikeforce Win Over Yoel Romero

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
fejiao_large.jpg
Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante was victorious over Yoel Romero in a strange fight at the Strikeforce event on Saturday night, but it came with a price. Cavalcante sat cageside in a sling for the main card so the injury is hardly a surprise. Either way, he confirmed the injury to Tatame - a broken arm:

I couldn’t do my best because I broke my arm on the first round... When I tried to punch him, he dodged and my forearm hit his head and broke. I went to the hospital after the fight to do an X-ray and it’s really broken... He pressured me on the second round, but I overcame that. What made a big difference on this fight were my trainings, I was able to show I’m back.

Feijao clearly wasn't happy about being on the preliminary card, but he seems to be a little less offended than he was before about it:

I had complained about it before, but I see their point of view. If they didn’t see me as a champion, they wouldn’t give me a fight on the preliminary card and pay me the purse they do pay me. HDNet is as big as Showtime. He apologized, but he put me there because he wanted good fights. There was no vacancies, and I asked him to fight on that event.

He spoke about rematching "King" Muhammed Lawal, saying that he would definitely do it, then commented on how he will recover from his injury:

I’m coming back to Rio for a surgery... My doctor told me this injury might require a surgery, so I’m coming back to Rio to do it. I want to keep my hard trainings on and return as soon as possible.

Surgery on a broken arm definitely means that rematch is a while off. Will Strikeforce even exist by the time Feijao is ready to fight again? We will find out in a few months I guess.

More SBN coverage of Strikeforce Grand Prix: Barnett vs. Kharitonov