Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'I've Never Been In This Kind of Shape Before'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
rampage-wants-you_0_large_large.jpg
Yahoo Sports has put out the second edition of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's blog that is being written in the leadup to his UFC 135 light heavyweight title fight with champion Jon Jones. In this one, he discusses how well his camp has gone, Jones' "bambi legs" and his unpredictability, and how he is a kid. It's a pretty entertaining read overall, and here are some of the best sections:

I can’t believe the shape I am in for this fight with Jon Jones next week here in Denver for the UFC 135 main event and light heavyweight title! I’m weighing 221 lbs right now, nine days out. I’ve never been in this kind of shape before. I like it! It feels good not to be like, "Oh, man! Weight cut is next week!" The cut to 205 lbs is going to be easy.

Jones was 219 in the picture he posted on twitter a couple of days ago, so it doesn't look like either is going to have an issue making weight. Rampage then switches it up and talks a little Bones:

But Jon Jones is in the big leagues now, and he’s not ready. He needed this fight in another couple of years’ time. Jon Jones does unpredictable things but, really, we’ve seen it now bro, so it is not unpredictable any more. We’ve seen the spinning elbow four or five times, Jon "Bones" Jones. We’ve all seen it. Maybe Jon Jones is going to get me with some knees – I expect that, it is a fight – but I am gonna get him with my hands, too. You look at those Bambi legs and wonder what happens when I hit him.

I know he’s got some great skills and honestly I am impressed how fast he’s learned – he is the future of the division in my opinion, but I am the present. Rampage is the present of the UFC light heavyweight division.

The whole thing is definitely worth a read, and you can check it out here.