Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson Considering a Move to Boxing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
FormerUFCLightHeavyweightChampQuintonRampageJackson_large.jpg
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is coming off a loss to Jon Jones at UFC 135 and has long been known to complain about MMA, and this might be no different than that. But he did tell ESPN UK on a podcast that he would consider a switch over to boxing after his UFC contract runs out. Here's why:

"I hate fighting people who are scared," Jackson told the ESPN UFC Podcast. "When you fight somebody who is scared you never know what they're going to do. They turn and run.

"That's why I'm gonna go to boxing. I'm gonna try boxing because they've got to stand with you. If I get knocked out I don't care because at least it's a fight.

"I've tried a lot of boxing, I'm falling in love with boxing and I know I can put butts on seats over there."

Scott Christ over at Bad Left Hook shares his thoughts on the subject:

Jackson, 33, has been a star in mixed martial arts for years, and is without a question one of its most charismatic fighters in the short history of the sport. I have to assume his move to boxing would, indeed, draw legitimate attention, but as we know, coming into pro boxing isn't just a "hey, I'm here, give me a fight with a top guy" sort of deal.

Also, Jackson is a 205-pound fighter in mixed martial arts, and given his age it would be unlikely he'd be able to cut down to cruiserweight, where there's no U.S. market, and that means he'd have to fight as a heavyweight. At 6'1" with a 73" reach, he'd be undersized and probably underpowered.

I think Rampage would actually consider it if there was big money in it somewhere, but my skepticism comes from the fact that he's got an unfortunate physical build to become a boxing star, even if he were actually good at it.

First Badr Hari, now Rampage? While I highly doubt this will ever come to fruition, it would definitely be an interesting sight to see Jackson in a boxing ring.