Quick question. Super fast

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
Kurt Angle recently tested positive for steroids (at least from what I hear), and now everyone's uptight about it because it somehow decredits Kurt Angle as a competitor.

Quick question: Why does anyone give a shit what wrestlers are roided up? Wrestling is fucking FAKE! If it were actual competition, like Barry Bonds in baseball, then I could understand people getting mad over it, because they're cheating, but really, in wrestling (which, may I remind you, if FAKE), steriods aren't going to up your game or give you a better chance of winning. Only kissing the bookers' asses will do that.

So why does everyone even give a shit about this?

Reaction score
Kurt Angle recently tested positive for steroids (at least from what I hear), and now everyone's uptight about it because it somehow decredits Kurt Angle as a competitor.

Quick question: Why does anyone give a shit what wrestlers are roided up? Wrestling is fucking FAKE! If it were actual competition, like Barry Bonds in baseball, then I could understand people getting mad over it, because they're cheating, but really, in wrestling (which, may I remind you, if FAKE), steriods aren't going to up your game or give you a better chance of winning. Only kissing the bookers' asses will do that.

So why does everyone even give a shit about this?

I agree with you, I'm not sure.

However, I do think people could be opposed to steroids in wrestling because it gives some an oppurtunity to go to WWE and make better money. I mean Vince IS famous for hiring average talented muscleheads over quality wrestlers the majority of the time. If some guy bulks up on roids, works enough on actual wrestling just enough to get by as an average joe in the ring, he knows he may have a job in WWE. Thats why people are pissed at steriods IMO. Because guys in the Indys are talented enough to be brought to a mainstream level, but don't make half as much as current WWE guys because they aren't bulked up enough.

Dairydude

Reaction score
because it's like a person with natural beauty loosing Miss Universe to a tart with more plastic than flesh.

There are guys who bust their ass to look and perform well without touching a drug in their lives, and then these asshole roiders waltz in with their perfect physique and get the jobs.

xtremebadass

This is an in general question, so this doesn't really belong in TNA so this goes to HIAT

phantomgerald

I think this belongs more to street fight.

Steroids is wrong. Even if a guy who doesn't do any sports take steroids, it's wrong because it causes side effects.

Travis40

Dude...he had to mention Barry Bonds in the steriods comment...why do people connect him with steriods? Cause he hits home runs? He's never tested positive for steriods and that means he hasn't broken the rules. He might have taken them when the MLB didn't care about it, but he quit after the MLB started to do random drug testing making his home run record IMO valid

Reaction score
well to phantom. It should be a personal choice in wrestling or in life. everyone knows the side effects, if they choose to continue it, let them. Even though steroids are illegal period i believe...maybe not

to trav...it doesnt matter if Barry took roids or not. You back up baseball enough that you should know it takes a lot more than brute power to hit a home run. or at least i think you should know that.

onto the thread. I agree with all this. in wrestling where it is putting on a show, it shouldnt matter. i mean sure there is some athletic ability needed. but its all set up. so it really doesnt matter. to me at least...

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
Dude...he had to mention Barry Bonds in the steriods comment...why do people connect him with steriods? Cause he hits home runs? He's never tested positive for steriods and that means he hasn't broken the rules. He might have taken them when the MLB didn't care about it, but he quit after the MLB started to do random drug testing making his home run record IMO valid

for the record i think baseball sucks....

football>baseball

anyhow not to get this totally off topic but its obvious that Bonds is on HGH, i mean hell is foot grew like a couple shoe sizes, plus HGH doesn't come up on any tests...

as for angle thats what TNA gets for hiring guys that obivous had problems

Reaction score
well im not 100% sure. I was just reading on some testing. but there is some differences in the testing depending on the different levels. but im sure there are averages between different athletes and normal control tests they have to compare the results too. but, i dunno, bonds hasnt tested for anything. and he hasnt been proven guilty of anything...but it takes more than sheer power to hit a home run. anyone who has ever played baseball knows that..but...thats not for this conversation...back on topic yalll

dstebbins

Reaction score
I agree with you, I'm not sure.

However, I do think people could be opposed to steroids in wrestling because it gives some an oppurtunity to go to WWE and make better money. I mean Vince IS famous for hiring average talented muscleheads over quality wrestlers the majority of the time. If some guy bulks up on roids, works enough on actual wrestling just enough to get by as an average joe in the ring, he knows he may have a job in WWE. Thats why people are pissed at steriods IMO. Because guys in the Indys are talented enough to be brought to a mainstream level, but don't make half as much as current WWE guys because they aren't bulked up enough.

In that case, people shouldn't be too worried about Angle getting roided up, because you know he'll never go back to WWE, if for no other reason than the fact that Vince will never take him after doing what he did.

And about Bonds not breaking the rules because he stopped after they started cracking down on it: That's like saying you aren't breaking the law by not wearing a seatbelt because you started wearing one when they started enforcing the law; you're still cheating, just not getting caught.