Quick notice on forum etiquette.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Recently forum etiquette has been going down the toilet. We pride ourselves on having a different approach to moderation on this forum -- something that is popular with all the members -- but we also pride ourselves on having a relaxed family atmosphere where anyone and everyone can sign up and discuss wrestling without having to worry about being flamed. For the most part we achieve both of those with flying colours, but I've noticed that personal insults and needless arguments have started sneaking up on us lately.

It's something we have discussed briefly in the staff section and due to my internet situation it's something I couldn't personally handle (until April 2nd). Staff have decided to take action themselves though and give far less chances when it comes to real personal insults. This doesn't mean we're going to have dictator-moderators like you see on other forums, we're far from that, but it does mean that personal insults regarding people's looks and other real life related issues will not be tolerated. Instead of being PM'd in a nice friendly manner by the moderators, you'll just be given a warning immediately with a message something along the lines of "This is what you did wrong. If you do it again, you'll be banned".

We love banter here and this forum definitely isn't for the thin-skinned, but the vast majority of users believe that personal insults being thrown around because of someone's opinion on wrestling is way too far. It's embarrassing for those involved and for me, as I don't want onlookers thinking that is something we tolerate here. Remember, if a user is posting personal pictures and/or linking personal social-media accounts, it means they want to share it with the community and they trust you enough not to abuse that. However, there is always a risk of a negative reaction whenever someone posts those, so if you do have thin skin and don't want negative opinions aimed towards you then it's best to keep personal information to yourself.

Thanks for reading. This isn't aimed at any particular users, it's just a heads up so everyone can read and accept the policy change regarding moderation. The thread is closed as there is no need for any discussion regarding this anbnouncement. If you have any issues or questions related to this, then feel free to PM me.

-Crayo

Status
Not open for further replies.