QT Marshall signs short-term extension with AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
press-qt-marshall-vs-gravity-rampage-2023-08-25_002.webp

QT Marshall and AEW have reportedly agreed to a short-term extension.

According to a report from Fightful, the deal will keep Marshall under contract for the remainder of 2023.

Reports surfaced last month that a short-term deal was likely as the two sides negotiate a new contract for the 38-year-old.

Marshall has been with the company as an on-air talent and producer since its inception in 2019. He was named AEW's Vice President of Show and Creative Coordination in August 2022.

Additionally, Marshall is a co-owner of and trainer for The Nightmare Factory in Atlanta. The school has produced several talents who have worked on AEW and ROH programming including Ashley D'Amboise, Brooke Havok, Angelica Risk, and The Infantry's Carlie Bravo.

Marshall won AAA's Latin American Championship last month at Triplemanía XXXI in Mexico City. He defeated Pentagon Jr, Dralistico, and Texano Jr. in a four-way match to win the vacant title.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
QT Marshall has confirmed he signed a short-term contract extension with AEW recently.

Marshall's deal now reportedly extends to the end of 2023. The two sides are said to be negotiating a longer term talent contract for the 38-year-old.

Marshall spoke with Jofo in the Ring recently and confirmed the news.

"I will say this. I have always worked for AEW. I'm one of the Vice Presidents, that is a job that I have. The talent is just a second thing that I have as well. I'm lucky, I have two jobs like Brandon Cutler, two contracts," he said. "Yes, we've made another agreement and we'll see what happens. I think until the end of the year - I don't know, the dirt sheets know more than me, I don't know how - Yes, I'm there. I won't be going anywhere else except AAA and as many independent shows as I possibly can."

Marshall has been with the company since its inception in 2019. He was originally hired as a producer and on-air talent but was later named AEW's Vice President of Show and Creative Coordination in August 2022.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
so wwe in 2024? :p

I have a weird feeling here. I love QT and think he is an AEW guy. but the fact he co owns a gym with Cody and having AEW talent exposed to someone who can pitch them on WWE feels like a massive conflict of interest to me and seems like not such a good deal for AEW anymore. what yall think

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
Born in America. Made in Mexico.

Reactions: Hoss

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L