Punk vs Punk - You Decide

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

SP's Extreeeeme Review 04/17/06

Welcome to only weekly column on the IWF dedicated to ECW... Last week Punk made the decision to join the New Breed. What would happen this week? A cool promo by Punk? An match between one of the originals and Punk? Read on to find out... Unless you saw the show and already know what happened.

The bodies hit the floor and we are TAPED from Milan,Italy. The show starts with the NB already in the ring as they introduce their newest member, CM Punk. There's a bit of a chant going for Punk and a lot of boos (which sound piped in) because fans in Europe actually care about reacting to the wrestlers. Punk says he'll keep his reason for joining the NB to himself. I'm guessing its because he prefers Generic body blocks and drinking blood to drinking beer and being Suicidal. RVD comes out to a big pop and says Punk is going to regret his decision. He challenges Burke to a match tonight. Burke hesitates a bit and Punk takes the microphone and says that if Van Dam wants to challenge a member of the NB and a leader that he should challenge him. Burke takes the mic from Punk and accepts the challenge.

Bobby Lashley announced for later tonight (The ECW champ in ECW?) and we get our first commercial of the night.

We come back to our first match...

Nunzio vs Snitsky (Italian Squash Match... See what I did there?)

Nunzio is clobbered by a shoulder block, but Nunzio gets some dropkicks in to Snitsky's knee and then hits a dropkick from the second rope. Nunzio goes for the pin but Snitsky send Nunzio flying on the kickout. Snitsky drops Nunzio on the ropes, and hits a clothesline followed by The Big Boot for the win.

Winner: Snitsky... As if we had any doubt about the outcome.

Burke and Punk are backstage and Elijah asks Punk if he thinks he's afraid of RVD.. Punk says he is and Burke tells him to fall in line with the rest of the NB.

Commercial time!

We are back and Thorn and Cor Von are already in the ring. Sandman's generic music hits and he and Dreamer come in through the crowd.

Tommy Dreamer and Sandman vs Kevin Thorn w/Ariel and Marcus Cor Von (Innovators of Singapore Canes vs Monty and Mordecai)

Cor Von starts with some offense on Dreamer who tags in Sandman and also gets beat up. Thorn tags in and hits a Suplex before tagging out. The crowd for some is singing the bassline to Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes. Cor Von misses a move in the corner which allows Sandman to get the tag, Cor von gets the tag as well. Dreamer beats up Thorn and goes for a DDT which gets blocked by Kevin. Dreamer manages a sunset flip and grabs the bottom rope for the pin.. A bit of confusion in the ending because one of Thorn's shoulders was clearly up.

Winners: Dreamer and Sandman

Up next is a piss break... No, not Extreme Expose. Bobby Lashley!

We come back and Lashley's music hits and he is wearing one big-ass suit. We see clips from RAW where "the random fan that isn't someone from OVW" won the IC title. Lashley introduces Santino who just happens to have a video and some entrance music already. He starts speaking in Italian and I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with ECW.

Burke and RVD is up next but before that.... Commercial.

Punk is telling Thorn and Cor Von that they need to MAN UP! Actually he tells them they need to learn to bounce back from a loss. Burke comes in and says he doesn't mind seeing Punk give out advice to the NB, but that he needs to fall in line with the rest.

And we go to another commercial.

Rob Van Dam vs Elijah Burke (Shrooms vs 4-up Mushrooms)

Burke slaps Van Dam, but Rob kicks him to retaliate. Burke takes control and puts Rob in a Shoulderlock. RVD ties to break it but Elijah hits a flying elbow and reapplies the Shoulderlock. Burke continues to work the arm but RVD comes back with some punches only to get thrown shoulder first into the ring post followed by a Suplex. Van Dam finally takes over on offense with some clotheslines and hits 8 punches in the corner followed by a Moneky Flip in the other corner. Burke gets thrown into the ref and when it can't get any worse, the ref also gets kicked by Van Dam (Where's your educated feet now?) RVD goes for Rolling Thunder but Burke gets the knees up. Punk comes out and gets a chaor, throws to the ring but overthrows Burke and Van Dam clobbers Elijah followed by The 5-Star Frog Splash and gets the pin.

Winner: Rob Van Dam

Afterwards Punk tries to explain what happened to Burke.

Best Moment of the night: A pretty good match between Burke and RVD as well as the mystery about Punk's intentions.

Worst moment of the night: Lashley introducing a champ who was clearly a plant and isn't even a part of the ECW roster.

This week's show gets a thumbs up. We got a lot of Punk and they're doing a lot to push the storyline. The matches while nothing great, were all pretty solid and unless I missed it.... No Extreme Expose!

That's all for this week, I am out!

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
This has consumed way too much of my day but I mucked around in Photoshop for a while putting together a splash-style CM Punk poster. I came up with two results in terms of colour that I'm stuck between. Which do you think is better?

Version 1:

21l31qh.jpg

Version 2:

348hjj9.jpg

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I prefer the first one. I think the color scheme there works better with the style you were going for.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm more into the colored main pic than the blended in main pic in most cases so just based on that alone I like the 2nd one better. Looks pretty amazing.

Reaction score
2 Its really cool but im not judging cauz i stink at that shit anyway lol, you should make the top blue and the background red for the 2nd one and once again REALLY NICE WORK