Punk/Heyman + Laurinaitis/Swaggy pairing? + Punk's tweet to Heyman

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
According to a source, CM Punk and Paul Heyman are pushing to be paired together starting in the fall. They have apparently pitched the idea to Vince McMahon, Triple H and Stephanie.
The feeling right now is that the company is not interested in committing to anything more than the current "per deal" date with Heyman, but that could change down the road.

Also, for those wondering, there has been no talk of Heyman being offered a position within creative.

There has also been light talk of pairing John Laurinaitis with Jack Swagger, however Vince has yet to commit to the idea outright.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0815/555295/cm-punk-paul-heyman/

No idea how reliable these guys are but let's all collectively fap over Heyman/Punk interaction anyway.

CM Punk replying to Heyman as well

“@HeymanHustle: It's going to be one wild F'n year!” They have NO idea.

OMG :fap:

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
R'Albin said:
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0815/555295/cm-punk-paul-heyman/

No idea how reliable these guys are but let's all collectively fap over Heyman/Punk interaction anyway.

A Heyman/Punk pairing would be pure golden. I would love to see it happen!

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:mog: The microphone can't handle this Vince! Everything will be to damn epic!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Forget Heyman/Punk, look at Laurinaitis/Swagger! The two guys who proved that you can suck on the mic and still get monster heat. What would that mic exchange be like?

Will Swagger ever call Big Show "Big Throw", as we sit here and make bad jokes about him getting backstage heat with Barrett?

Will Laurinaitis ever call him Jack Sparrow?

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Rainman said:
Forget Heyman/Punk, look at Laurinaitis/Swagger! The two guys who proved that you can suck on the mic and still get monster heat. What would that mic exchange be like?

Will Swagger ever call Big Show "Big Throw", as we sit here and make bad jokes about him getting backstage heat with Barrett?

Will Laurinaitis ever call him Jack Sparrow?

The thing is Swagger is enjoyable on the microphone. His ECW promos and early WHC reign ones were good. And people are playing up his speech impediment way too much. It is hardly noticeable. One of the greatest entertainers of all time - Dusty Rhodes - has a worse speech impediment than Swagger.

Farooq

Reaction score
Rainman said:
Jack Sparrow?

The All american People American Power

Stopspot said:
The thing is Swagger is enjoyable on the microphone. His ECW promos and early WHC reign ones were good. And people are playing up his speech impediment way too much. It is hardly noticeable. One of the greatest entertainers of all time - Dusty Rhodes - has a worse speech impediment than Swagger.

I agree, but I couldn't stand Dusty on commentary on FCW though.

Reactions: Snowman1

Stopspot

Reaction score
Farooq The GOAT of WWEForums said:
I agree, but I couldn't stand Dusty on commentary on FCW though.

People are making the mistake of thinking that being great on the mic translates to being great on commentary, it does not. A great promo cutter does not translate to being a great commentary man. To be good on commentary you need a different form of viewing the game than a player, you need to look at it with a wider lens. Promo cutters can become good commentators with time. Dusty is not a veteran on the commentary table far from it, Matt Striker did not start off as a great man for the commentary table but grew into it.

Farooq

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
People are making the mistake of thinking that being great on the mic translates to being great on commentary, it does not. A great promo cutter does not translate to being a great commentary man. To be good on commentary you need a different form of viewing the game than a player, you need to look at it with a wider lens. Promo cutters can become good commentators with time. Dusty is not a veteran on the commentary table far from it, Matt Striker did not start off as a great man for the commentary table but grew into it.

I understand that, I think they maybe should have gave him some practice time for that or something. I think they just threw him on there because of his promos and assumed that he was going to be great on commentary, but in fact he was the complete opposite. The commentary isn't for everyone, and Dusty is sadly one of those people who I think doesn't fit in. He's a great promo cutter, just not commentary

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
People still consider Dusty as good on the mic...?

Compared to his generation yes. Compared to some of the current....No

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Punk/Heyman + Laurinaitis/Swaggy pairing? + Punk's tweet to Heyman

Crayo said:
People still consider Dusty as good on the mic...?

Very few have cut a better baby face promo than the hard times one, just look at his tone and interaction with the camera. He makes you feel it.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Punk and Heyman pairing would be awesome, no doubt about it. I think Swagger should turn face, it'd benefit him more, but pairing him up with Ace... yeah, who knows.