Professional Wrestling or Mixed Martial Arts?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
This is a question a friend of mine brought up on MSN. What do you like better? MMA, or Professional Wrestling? I figured this would be a great question to ask, since most of the forum posters watch/follow both.

Obviously there are LOTS of different factors, lots of differences between the two. Which do you enjoy more? What aspects of each do you like and dislike?

Wide open for discussion :)

Kizza

Wrestling. I enjoy the theatrics. I get bored by MMA tbh. I can only watch small amounts of it before I tire of it.

Kizza

Wrestling. I enjoy the theatrics. I get bored by MMA tbh. I can only watch small amounts of it before I tire of it.

noumenon

I do two MMA classes a week. I love sparring and actually participating in MMA, really fun and great to incorporate into your training. HOWEVER, watching MMA is just plain painful and boring sometimes. Especially with all of the new rules and safety regulations imposed into the UFC over the past 5 years or so. Sorry, but watching two guys hug against a cage for 20 minutes and throw a few ill placed blows really doesn't do much for my entertainment value.

Wrestling is just far more entertaining to watch. I'm sorry, I'd rather watch a fake 10 minute wrestling match packed with action than two guys rolling around the mat.

xtremebadass

Both had had their low points late last year. I am not downplaying MMA but I will always love to watch wrestling more.

LadyHotrod

I like MMA for Frank Mir and that's about it. I don't dislike MMA in general, I just like wrestling better because of the storylines.

Beer

The fighting in Wrestling/MMA//Boxing isn't what draws me, it's the stories. MMA and Boxing don't have them, so I find it kinda boring.

straight_edge76

I enjoy both but honestly MMA does get kind of boring at times, typically unless there is a main event fight on a Pay Per View that interests me I won't even bother with it.

Klide

Wrestling. More entertaining can't watch MMA it's boring at most times. Only best to watch highlights instead.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
I use to be a die hard wrestling and scoffed at MMA but as wrestling has changed and become really borign to me. The storylines bore me and I have found myself becoming a really really die hard MMA fan. I took up jiu jitsu and muay thai after i started watching and people get bored with grappling and submission work but i personally love it and fight it more exciting sometimes than the stirking aspect. So i choose MMA hands down.

phantomgerald

I'm a guy that likes both, but I zone out at long matches, for both sports. I get bored when MMA fights go five rounds (unless it's Sanchez/Guida) and I get bored when wrestling matches go so long (that's why I like TNA).

LadyHotrod

The fighting in Wrestling/MMA//Boxing isn't what draws me, it's the stories. MMA and Boxing don't have them, so I find it kinda boring.

Same here. Plus, that Diego Sanchez fag and his ridiculous faces makes me want to kick the shit out of him and piss on MMA.

Reaction score
^^^Rofl! Diego is the fucking (clinically insane) man! :D

I really found this one hard to answer, when I was asked. I just think there are so many factors between the two that are ups and downs...

Storylines/storytelling - I LOVE this in wrestling. I love how wrestlers can tell a story in and out of the ring. Obviously they dont really have this in MMA.

Hype/build - This is cool in both. Wrestling they need to make it like a match/wrestler is being built up, and sometimes is done poorly. MMA though, they do it because they have a reason. They find a guy who's good, been dominating etc, and they push him into a title shot/big match and hype the fuck out of the fight. I find this type of hype/build more exciting 90% of the time.

Matches - Both have short and long matches. Short matches for Wrestling usually involve an injury or storyline addition, which is always good. A long match is usually better, too. MMA short matches are awesome! You see a burst of skill and the fights over. MMA matches that drag on though do suck, unless it's a slugfest and it's non stop.

I do like the fact the wrestling comes more often, too. I like that once a week, every week of the year I'll get three scheduled shows (since I only watch WWE) and once a month I get a PPV.

I understand the workload is different between MMA and wrestling, but MMA only delivers ... one or two shows a month (since I only watch UFC). This obviously sucks, in comparison to WWE.

So yeh those are the main points I wanted to talk about it. I'm still very very even with both.