Predictions on Nakamura

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
So Shinsuke Nakamura has been on Smackdown for a couple months now. How do you feel about his future in WWE? Do u think he will be a main event player and win the title? Or will he only live up to being a upper main card guy? I feel like his debut has been lackluster. Starting a program with Dolly was bad, just because Dolph is such a boring character. For all the hype that was around Nakamura when he signed, I feel like it hasn't lived up to the potential. I didn't think his NXT run was very good either. All in all I think WWE isn't gonna do well with him.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I think things are looking good for Nakamura at the moment.

I mean, they had him debut at the PPV. You could argue it could've been against a better opponent, but hey, DZ is a heel and he puts people over, so no harm done.

They're calling him The Rockstar and The Artist, he's been on a winning streak since his debut (he'll probably dethrone KO) and they're doing everything to get him over with the fans and make him look like a big deal.

So, yeah, I think he's going to be a big player on SmackDown. Should he be in the ME scene and should he become WWE champ? Absolutely.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
For all the hype prior and until his debut and knowing beforehand how good he is, I totally understand where Mr. Roman Empire's is coming from and pretty much have that same feeling as in something "missing". It's almost as if they are holding him back for whatever reason, not allowing him to go full throttle with his quite rich repertoire. Who knows, maybe this is something intentional and perhaps the reason his match against Ziggler wasn't as top quality as we probably expected. DZ I feel was the perfect opponent (credible heel that can go in the ring and eat the loss easily in order to put Nakamura over) but once again, won't argue it could have been a whole lot better; quite frankly, I was exepcting them to rock Chicago that night (alongside us viewers of course).

Other than that, his future in WWE is bright, no doubt. The guy is a star already, as over as it gets with the crowd and it's simply up to WWE to book him properly. Granted, they are known to mess up even the simpliest of things (take Bailey for example) but I am confident in Smackdown creative so ain't that much worried. Whether they decide to start him with a US title run or not remains to be seen (it does appear that they are going for a programme with KO) but in my opinion he belongs in the main event picture and I honestly find it impossible to believe that we won't get AJ Styles versus Nakamura somewhere down the road for the WWE title.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The sad fact is Nakamura is "old" & "beat up" (Quoting Meltzer) and he should have
been elevated to the main roster earlier than he was.

I'm hoping he has enough left in the tank some great matches with Styles, Zayn (Rd.2),
Owens and possibly Cena...but at his age...I don't really think he's a "big priority" for
the higher ups at the WWE.

If he was 10 years younger...well...it would be a different story.