Kayfabe Pre-Show Interview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
After a commercial break, the feed cuts to everyone's favorite interviewer, Alex Price, standing in the interview area.

Alex Price: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time...Mike Thunder.

Mike enters the frame. He is wearing very simplistic ring gear: black trunks, knee and elbow pads. Mike is looking reasonably different since he was last seen. He has grown a beard and a considerable amount of stubble on his chest.

Alex Price: Mike, we haven't seen or heard anything from you since you defeated Tyson Blade at Wrestle Dynasty. Can you explain why we haven't seen you in months?

Mike Thunder: It's simple. Ryan Blake gave me some time off. I had a grueling match with Tyson Blade and I'm no longer 20 years old. I needed some time off to rest and Ryan gave me that. Plus I became the new #1 Contender for the Precision World Heavyweight Championship. I had to be focused on the title match. Having a match on Precision with any other person would be a distraction from my goal.

Alex Price: We are a couple of hours away from Backlash, where you'll have a match with Andersen Vega for the Precision World Heavyweight Championship. Can you give us your thoughts heading into this match?

Mike Thunder: When I came to Sony Storm in 2014, I had one goal. To become World Champion. I wanted to be like Lariato Lars and Christian Chaos. I wanted to be the man. But I got distracted from my goal. Instead of hanging out with the best, I had matches with losers like James the Kid and Jerod Bowden. I thought I could make it being a nice guy. I thought having great matches was enough. And I almost made it. I won the United States Championship twice. I had friends like The Blade and Tyson. I had my own family. I thought I was happy. But I wasn't. I wanted the World Heavyweight Championship. I realized I was never going to win that title unless I did something drastic.

Alex Price: And that's when you viciously attacked Tyson Blade?

Mike Thunder: I genuinely liked Tyson Blade as a friend but I did what I had to do to get everyone's attention on me. And it worked, look where I am now. I am about to go out there and win the title. My dream will finally come true.

Alex Price: Mike, you seem very confident going into this match. But you're facing Andersen Vega. This man has defeated you various times throughout your careers and I believe you've never defeated him, am I correct?

Mike Thunder: That is correct. But Andersen Vega has never defeated this Mike Thunder. This Mike Thunder is dangerous.

Alex Price: What exactly makes 'this' Mike Thunder dangerous?

Mike looks directly at the camera with a serious look on his face

Mike Thunder: You'll see...

Mike Thunder walks off