Praying for competition.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

smarkouts

Reaction score
God, i pray Ted Turner takes his partnership with LL or something serious pops up and scares WWE into trying again.

This current segment with Jack Gallagher is all that's wrong with current wwe product.

Prichard, save us!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

smarkouts

Reaction score
Ted Turner takes his partnership with LL to the USA*

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Prichard :lmao

Don't let his podcast fool you, just like Russo, his contributions are greatly exaggerated. Helluva producer, but TNA proved everything we need to know.

Also, creativity don't mean shit, if you can't back it up with promotion and extra revenue streams. You honestly think you can become a profitable company without having a great promoter like Vince McMahon or a Dana White mat the helm? These conglomerate groups or small time TV properties are never going to be anything.

Like Ted Turner wants to waste his twilight years on losing money in pro wrestling again.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The pray for competition gig is so overdone. Why not put money into supporting some good independent promotions instead.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Lmao Ted Turner. Sorry those days are over. I really don't think it's possible to compete with wwe anymore. They've taken the ball and run away with it and they ain't never coming back.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The pray for competition gig is so overdone. Why not put money into supporting some good independent promotions instead.
Because nobody cares.

Why don't people support local sports leagues? Why don't people support indie films? Or music?

smarkouts

Reaction score
Because an independent promotion is never going to have the impact needed to force the wwe to stop with the bs.

It's going to take a wrestling company with serious financial backing and some star power that can match wwes tv production.

I know you indie fan boys would cream your panties to see an indy company take that role but without serious financial backing it ain't happening.

smarkouts

Reaction score
@Sabretooth I think it is possible. WCW for all of it's failures(this coming from an WWF only watcher back in those days) is still the blueprint for how to do it.

Where they got screwed up is when they started playing WWEs game with the celebs and such, or one of their many screw ups. They had it right at first, give the fans what they want, wrestling, not sports entertainment, wrestling, blood and all. Someone who can do that with money behind them, package it right and stick to the script on it is going to make headway.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
@Sabretooth I think it is possible. WCW for all of it's failures(this coming from an WWF only watcher back in those days) is still the blueprint for how to do it.

Where they got screwed up is when they started playing WWEs game with the celebs and such, or one of their many screw ups. They had it right at first, give the fans what they want, wrestling, not sports entertainment, wrestling, blood and all. Someone who can do that with money behind them, package it right and stick to the script on it is going to make headway.

WCW had a strict no blood policy. You're thinking Jim Crockett promotions.