PPV coming to the United Kingdom?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
- WWE officials will be meeting with officials from the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales on Friday about the idea of doing a mega-show, perhaps a pay-per-view event from there. The Stadium holds around 75,000 fans.

WWE hasn't held a worldwide pay-per-view from the UK since the 1992 SummerSlam. WWE officials have also met with representatives from a stadium in London as well as Old Trafford, a soccer stadium in Manchester that holds 75,000.

LoP

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
As long as it is during a weekend the fans will come. Possibly they would have to switch to a Saturday night but I don't see an issue there.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I don't think it will ever work out. The only shows that can effectively happen over seas are taped shows. I suspect Americans would rage and get confused if anything changed over here. I know it's not fair but that's just the way it is

Stopspot

Reaction score
DannyWoods said:
I don't think it will ever work out. The only shows that can effectively happen over seas are taped shows. I suspect Americans would rage and get confused if anything changed over here. I know it's not fair but that's just the way it is

Booo. Why would the yanks bitch if it happened at the same times. Euro crowds have shown time and time again that we'd happily stay up late to get a live event over this side of the pond. The yanks wouldn't have to adjust their time

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Stopspot said:
Booo. Why would the yanks bitch if it happened at the same times. Euro crowds have shown time and time again that we'd happily stay up late to get a live event over this side of the pond. The yanks wouldn't have to adjust their time

Because I just know how Americans will react. I wouldn't mind it though if it was pushed back an hour or two if the crowd was was alive as they were on RAW. Unfortunately I will be in the minority I think.

Stopspot

Reaction score
DannyWoods said:
If no time change then it would be fine but that is late for you guys to be out no?

We Europeans wouldn't really care. We take any chance we get when it comes to wrestling. Isn't Summerslam 92 proof enough? I heard it's supposed to be one of the best crowds in history. Look up the Bret Hart vs British Bulldog match for proof.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
It's late but if it's a weekend ppl will do it as the fans over here are up for it. From experience I know loads of ppl who stay up late for RAW and various PPV's through the year if work allows.

The crowd aint the problem I see it's the venue and possible licensing difficulties.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Stopspot said:
We Europeans wouldn't really care. We take any chance we get when it comes to wrestling. Isn't Summerslam 92 proof enough? I heard it's supposed to be one of the best crowds in history. Look up the Bret Hart vs British Bulldog match for proof.

I've seen the match and agreed with you about the crowds. If you guys are cool with starting the ppv that late live then we wouldn't much care.

Stopspot

Reaction score
The only thing that would possibly need to change would be day. If it's a Sunday with like a bank holiday afterwards so they don't need to work monday then no problem. If not maybe they would have to move it to Saturday but I think the UK crowds would go for a Sunday anyway.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
No way would the crowd get quiet if it were pushed back a couple of hours, if anything they will be louder due to even more alcohol consumption lol.