Possibly the quickest rise of a forum?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SpaceR

The Artiste
Reaction score
This forum has 27k posts and was made in December of 2011. How the hell? Kudos to you, Crayo.

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Woah thanks a lot @[Spacer] :)

Not my credit though, credit goes to the members & Anon #typicalfacereply

I really want a hash tag plugin. @[Anonymous] comment on this!!! :)

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Woah thanks a lot @[Spacer] :)

Not my credit though, credit goes to the members & Anon #typicalfacereply

I really want a hash tag plugin. @[Anonymous] comment on this!!! :)

http://community.mybb.com/thread-104164.html
http://mods.mybb.com/view/mytags
My tags? It seems similar to what you want, I'm not sure if it would work but still.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yeah I saw that, but that searches for that term. I'd want a plugin (if possible) where let's say 5 users post #xanthisfat, it'd come up in a sidebar saying "#xanthisfat is trending", you click that and you see a list of the posts with that hash tag.

If this isn't possible (or is server consuming) I might just install mytags lol.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
1021f8072cad0cb29fc7a12d70057840.jpg

Posting the thumb picture in advance for @[Xanth]

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Yeah I saw that, but that searches for that term. I'd want a plugin (if possible) where let's say 5 users post #xanthisfat, it'd come up in a sidebar saying "#xanthisfat is trending", you click that and you see a list of the posts with that hash tag.

If this isn't possible (or is server consuming) I might just install mytags lol.

Should be possible. It'd just look for any tags when the user is sending a new post, then log those tags in the database, skipping over duplicates.
Could also probably integrate the status system too, and check for any tags when posting a new status.

Not sure what the algorithm is on twitter though. How long does a trending tag stay in "this is trending" mode?

There would need to be an expiry date (like 5 days without the tag being used would class it as obsolete and no longer trending), otherwise if a tag is used 100 times, it'd be pretty hard to get other tags to beat it.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Anonymous said:
Should be possible. It'd just look for any tags when the user is sending a new post, then log those tags in the database, skipping over duplicates.
Could also probably integrate the status system too, and check for any tags when posting a new status.

Not sure what the algorithm is on twitter though. How long does a trending tag stay in "this is trending" mode?

There would need to be an expiry date (like 5 days without the tag being used would class it as obsolete and no longer trending), otherwise if a tag is used 100 times, it'd be pretty hard to get other tags to beat it.

On Twitter it's around 5 minutes or something but on here it'd obviously need to be longer. I think a day would be a perfect amount here.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Hell yeah, this forum is really growing on me. Awesome members - Crayo, Seabs, Dolph's Ziggler, RKO, Jonathan, TheWindyFan, Zamorkian, etc. Great forum with great main eventers.