Poll: What was the biggest backstabbing moment in WWE history?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What was the biggest backstabbing moment in WWE history?

• Shawn Michaels superkicks Marty Jannetty on "The Barber Shop"

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • The Montreal Screwjob at Survivor Series 1997

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Sgt. Slaughter turns his back on America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andre the Giant betrays Hulk Hogan

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Owen Hart turns on his brother Bret

• Trish Stratus sides with Christian over Chris Jericho

• Matt Hardy betrays his brother Jeff

• Evolution attacks Randy Orton

• Paul Bearer abandons Undertaker for Mankind

• Hulk Hogan stuns WCW and joins the nWo

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Screwjob is the only non kayfabe option so I chose to stick with a kayfabe option and pick Janetty going through the glass.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
The Montreal Screwjob at Survivor Series 1997! DUH! It was not a storyline it was real which is why it will always in my option be the BIGGEST backstabbing moment EVER WWE History!

Solid Snake

The Montreal Screwjob at Survivor Series 1997! DUH! It was not a storyline it was real which is why it will always in my option be the BIGGEST backstabbing moment EVER WWE History!
:mog: THE FIRST POST I EVER FULLY AGREED WITH GOHAN ON! #TheEndIsNear

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Montreal Screwjob

If we are talking about scripted, HBK is also involved. That superkick through the barbershop? Not nice

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
lol Hogan joining the NWO wasn't even a WWE moment.

Guss I'll go with the Montreal screw job as well. My personal favorite from this list is Shawn Michaels super kicking Jannetty and throwing him through the barber shop window, though. Bobby Heenan's commentary made it that much better. "Oh, I knew he was gonna do that!" "He tired to jump through the window!"

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Hart deserved to get screwed like that. I voted for it, but i'd also go as far as to say it's the best backstab in WWE history.

Reactions: TheTNHMaster

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think I would have done what Vince did at the screwjob. Bret refusing to lose the title at the Pay-Per-View, and his very very soon to expire contract would make me wonder if he would truly drop the belt the next day. I understand Bret's anger too, but at the same time Vince didn't make to bad of a decision. I went with HBK pushing Jannetty through the window. That was a pretty GOAT backstabbing moment.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think I would have done what Vince did at the screwjob. Bret refusing to lose the title at the Pay-Per-View, and his very very soon to expire contract would make me wonder if he would truly drop the belt the next day. I understand Bret's anger too, but at the same time Vince didn't make to bad of a decision. I went with HBK pushing Jannetty through the window. That was a pretty GOAT backstabbing moment.
and also the fact Bischoff promised Hart wouldnt show up with the belt on Nitro. Having Bischoff promise me anything would instantly get a "fuck that noise" reply.