Pokemon saying goodbye to 3DS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Sun and Moon Ultra will be the last games released on the 3DS so my guess is that they will just be killing off these handhelds entirely. Kind of sucks because I only just got mine last year. It will be useless now... *sigh*

Rainbow Rocket has been confirmed for the new games, aDrive explains it all:

Game Freak has revealed that Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be the last titles in the Pokemon franchise to come to the handheld DS line, strongly suggesting that any future core games will be exclusively available on the Nintendo Switch.

In a recent interview with IGN, the director of Game Freak, Shigeru Ohmori, said that the company has pushed the 3DS to its limits and achieved all it can on the platform:

“When we were making Pokemon X and Y, we really were trying to push the 3DS system to its absolute limits - which is what we thought we’d done. But when Sun and Moon came around, we completely redesigned the system, and actually ended up pushing the 3DS even further to what we thought was the most we could draw out of it.”

It makes sense that the developer is now looking to move away from the console given that staying with it will only hinder advancements in the series.

“With Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon we’ve tried to eke that out more and really, really push the system to its absolute limits," Ohmori said, "and we’re now feeling that perhaps this is the maximum of what we can get out. So we’re really treating Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon as the culmination of our work with the 3DS system.”

So yeah, the game will likely be out sometime next Fall or Spring of 2019.
Thoughts on this? Will you buy a Switch to continue playing Pokemon?

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I think that if they go to the switch, that, along with other games like Mario Oddessy, Splatoon, and more, I'd likely get a switch if I can afford it.

A bit of a shame, but we got two gens on the same console and I am hoping the Ultra Sun and Moon games are a nice conclusion to this era of Pokemon.

Also: I CAN GET HOENN STARTERS ON ISLAND SCAN?! I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND A WATER TYPE FOR MY TEAM! [HASHTAG]#KipLife[/HASHTAG]

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Switch is $299 plus the game so that isn't bad. I will try to get one next year. Should be a price drop by then. Also, it will be easier for gamers to stream and upload gameplay now that you won't need a modded 3DS to do so.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
That really sucks. I guess Moon (when I get around to playing it) will be the last Pokemon game I play, unless I get Ultra Moon or something.

Zero interest in a Switch whatsoever. Not interested in their other first party games other than Metroid. Monster Hunter is getting a non-Nintendo exclusive game so I don't need that. Only announced game I want for the Switch is the new Shin Megami Tensei game when it comes out, so yeah, RIP me and Pokemon I suppose.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
That really sucks. I guess Moon (when I get around to playing it) will be the last Pokemon game I play, unless I get Ultra Moon or something.

Zero interest in a Switch whatsoever. Not interested in their other first party games other than Metroid. Monster Hunter is getting a non-Nintendo exclusive game so I don't need that. Only announced game I want for the Switch is the new Shin Megami Tensei game when it comes out, so yeah, RIP me and Pokemon I suppose.

I grew up on Nintendo and said back in 2012 that the only system I will get again is a Nintendo one if I do. I was close to getting an xbox one this year but I am glad I didn't. I don't need a whole system just to play COD. I get not wanting to get a system for one or two games though, seems stupid. I nearly did it too.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I grew up on Nintendo and said back in 2012 that the only system I will get again is a Nintendo one if I do. I was close to getting an xbox one this year but I am glad I didn't. I don't need a whole system just to play COD. I get not wanting to get a system for one or two games though, seems stupid. I nearly did it too.
Maybe I'm just a hipster or something, but I just can't bring myself to be interested in the new Mario and Zelda games. I vastly prefer Mario as a platformer like the old 2D games, and I also prefer The Legend of Zelda 1, 2 and Link to the Past. So I'm not super interested in a Switch for those new games, and there's almost nothing else coming to them I want outside of those.

Also agree about not buying a system for one game. Only console I have this gen is a PS4, and I've played a bunch of games on it so I consider that a great purchase.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just a hipster or something, but I just can't bring myself to be interested in the new Mario and Zelda games. I vastly prefer Mario as a platformer like the old 2D games, and I also prefer The Legend of Zelda 1, 2 and Link to the Past. So I'm not super interested in a Switch for those new games, and there's almost nothing else coming to them I want outside of those.

Also agree about not buying a system for one game. Only console I have this gen is a PS4, and I've played a bunch of games on it so I consider that a great purchase.

See the PS4 was worth it for you. I play on my PC now, I have a Xbox 360 still but haven't touched that thing since 2014. Solidus would get a Switch with me so we would essentially have two systems but we would be able to play things together so it is worth it right there.

I wouldn't want one for just myself. I would get bored on it. I grew up playing games with people, like taking turns or playing 2 player games side by side so unless it is something I have interest in story wise, I can't play single player games by myself. I lose interest too fast.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Filet-o-Fish

The Showoff
Reaction score
These are dark times, my friends.
200.gif

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler