Pokemon Let's Go

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

You getting Let's Go?

• Total voters

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Figured I would just make a thread for this.

Basically Pokemon Go, on the Switch. Even works with the app. No online battles either. Limited Pokemon.

I hope this is not the future of Pokemon games cause I will quit. What a let down.

200.gif

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Well I did just read that won't be their core game so I am relieved. I can wait for gen 8. I was worried they were going to merge the games. This is great for casual fans but I like the story and online battles. No point in playing Pokemon if it is not the original style to me. I guess this will get more people into Pokemon Go since it syncs up with the app. So money cash in their pockets.

It comes out in November. So we are looking at the regular series to be back in March or November 2019 I would guess.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
>two players getting to gang up on one NPC trainer
>graphics somehow look less appealing than the previous games
>Eevee doesn't even say its name correctly

What's that word Mr. Grievous likes to use again...? Ah, yes, I remember now.

SKIP!

Reactions: Solid Snake

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I want to like it so bad, co-op, pokemon following you, accesories, ect., but I don't. It's too gimmicky. On the bright side, I don't feel the need to buy a switch

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

He makes some really great points. He says that this game is great for the casual players who play Pokemon to stay relevant (with other people or friends) and those fans who want to relive nostalgia from their childhood but really don't care about battles or the true core of the game. Since they have a game like this on the Switch, this leaves them with more room to make the core game a lot more deep and possibly even harder. A game fans who know the pokemon, played the games, and love the battles.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Okay, before I work on homework, I will bring my thoughts on the trailer. I am far less salty than Brit was.

First, the game looks very...very nice. The trainers look cool, especially the girl as she looks to be a young version of Hilda in Red's clothes. This art style I personally enjoy and I think if it is fine-tuned, it will be a great base for the Gen 8 games, minus the wild Pokemon being visible (I think it'd kind of be weird in the main series Pokemon game). As well, EEVEE ON MY HEAD, OH MY LORD THAT IS FREAKING ADORABLE AND THE CLOTHES ARE SO KAWAII I WANNA GIVE IT A HUG! *ahem* sorry, as I said, Pokemon clearly has taken my manliness away. As well, at least the battling with trainers does seem to be for the most part of the actual game. Not to mention that you actually throwing the Pokemon, admittedly, is kind of living out a childhood fantasy (I mean, if you have that as a "control option" where you can at least do a throwing motion when you throw a Pokeball in Gen 8 and turn it off, it'd be fun, at least until you try to catch a legendary that won't stay in the freaking ball). Even the Pokeball accessory is a nice little thing to add to that.

However, the Pokemon Go integration is kind of "eh" to me. I think if I'd play more Pokemon Go and have a switch, I'd really like it, but since I rarely play Go, that is kind of the thing keeping me from leaping into it. As well, the lack of battling online is kind of a no for me as even though I don't hop on the battle spot all that much, I'd still like to be able to battle my friends (until they rage in Free-For-Alls, I'm looking at you, Nathan!). That for me, at least for now, makes me say "No thanks" to the game until more information comes out. I think those who do play Go and want something to fill the gap a bit until Gen 8 will probably get some joy out of it, but for me, I'll be trying to complete the Ultra Sun dex to try my paw at Shiny hunting and hoping some of you can battle me (as you can battle between regular Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Moon except you can't use the new mons or forms). I'm sure I'll be getting a Switch eventually, as I also want to play Mario Oddessy, Splatoon, and Mario Kart for sure, but this won't be the reason I'd buy it and I may only get it if I get an itch to play it.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
There are a few things that looked kinda charming about these games but nah, I won't be getting this. The GO stuff completely killed it for me. But I am not too upset, I wasn't expecting much to begin with lol. Also the fact that these aren't "real Pokemon games", I can wait until 2019.
It just didn't make sense to me that they would be releasing Gen 8 so soon, especially considering it will be on new hardware and such. And if they did release something this year, I wasn't expecting it to be as spectacular as a lot of people were thinking (huge open world, amazing graphics, multiple regions, 800+ pokemon etc, etc). Seems like something that would take time. So in a way this makes complete sense for this year, it's just not my thing.
Anyway, I'll pass on this and can wait to get the Switch later (hopefully drops in price soon?). The 2019 game better be good though, or then I will be raging! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Okay, before I work on homework, I will bring my thoughts on the trailer. I am far less salty than Brit was.
I was pretty salty cause I thought this was THE game. Thankfully it isn't. I don't care that they did this, makes sense but I won't be playing it. I guess this is a good way to get kids involved with Pokemon Go since not all younger kids have smart phones to play that game.