Plastic Bags

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
So we had paper bags for shopping and it was destroying too many trees and causing too much waste.
In order to combat this, plastic bags were invented which are stronger and can be reused.
Now plastic bags are bad and we are told to use cotton bags which take tons of water to produce and unless you plan on reusing them a bunch of times, they end up being bad for the environment.

I am convinced this was not about plastic bags and this was not about saving the planet. It was about making money. So sick of this greed masked by activist BS.

You know, some of us DO reuse plastic bags. I use them for my litter boxes. So now I am going to have to buy plastic bags for this purpose and because the bags are even bigger, I will be using more plastic per cleaning and thus using more plastic which is worse.

Instead of banning plastic bags, just make them slightly thicker and encourage people to reuse them by getting discounts on their purchases. Not everyone will participate but enough will to counteract the people who simply don't give a crap about anything outside of themselves.

BUT NO! LET'S JUST BAN PLASTIC BAGS ALL TOGETHER AND WASTE MONEY, TIME, AND WATER FOR A CRAP ALTERNATIVE THAT WILL BE MORE DAMAGING IN THE LONG RUN!

giphy.gif

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
You know there's a simple solution..

Move away from the place that banned plastic bags.
They are banning them nation-wide. I am just going to stock up on them as best I can. I am sure they will realize they made a mistake in like 20 years and bring them back. lol

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Since when?.. I just googled "nationwide plastic bag ban" and nothing even remotely saying a ban is going into effect is found.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Since when?.. I just googled "nationwide plastic bag ban" and nothing even remotely saying a ban is going into effect is found.
It isn't happening all at once like in the UK, they are starting in certain areas.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Oh.. lol.. there was a plastic bag ban in the Outer Banks, NC for years and it was lifted last year... is it a federal thing or what? If it's not federal then it'll be years upon years before anything really happens.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Oh.. lol.. there was a plastic bag ban in the Outer Banks, NC for years and it was lifted last year... is it a federal thing or what? If it's not federal then it'll be years upon years before anything really happens.
I don't know honestly, I just know they are trying to make it a national thing but nothing has passed. I have a feeling different places will try it and go back on it. It makes 0 sense. It is like Uber deciding to deny drunk people their service. What is the alternative? Letting them drive home drunk? Plastic bags aren't the real issue, it is people littering.

I'm just mad cause I need my poo bags! THINK OF THE CATS!

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Oh.. if no legislation has passed then there's nothing to be concerned about... most of the places that will try banning them will be coastal areas because of the threat to sea animals by floating bag debris in bodies of water.. I highly doubt that's something you'll need to worry about in Ohio unless you live near the Great Lakes..

There's nothing to worry about with this.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Oh.. if no legislation has passed then there's nothing to be concerned about... most of the places that will try banning them will be coastal areas because of the threat to sea animals by floating bag debris in bodies of water.. I highly doubt that's something you'll need to worry about in Ohio unless you live near the Great Lakes..

There's nothing to worry about with this.

Cleveland and surrounding areas are getting the ban earlier this year. I mean, I get it, people throwing bags in the lake is bad and hurts wildlife but this is a human issue, not a bag issue. lol

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I checked the area and apparently the news was wrong, big shocker.

The ban is on bags that are not made up of at least 40% recycled materials. So this is on the companies/stores to change their bags, not the consumers to find a new option.

Even people in my family were saying that all the bags will be gone. Gotta love how fast misinformation spreads. lol

My poo bags are safe.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Cleveland and surrounding areas are getting the ban earlier this year. I mean, I get it, people throwing bags in the lake is bad and hurts wildlife but this is a human issue, not a bag issue. lol

I agree... but unfortunately the government's thinking is that if you remove the bags from the equation then the problem will be eliminated because it doesn't give a shit about the fact that the majority of human beings are dumbasses that only need to be taught not to do something.. reminds me of when my sister was younger and we had a dog.. she kept pulling it's tail and laughing.. the dog kept growling and I kept telling her to stop.. she keep pulling the dog's tail until the dog bit her.. the first thing my parents think of is to put down the dog.. not to teach my sister what she did wrong but to kill a dog that did nothing but defend itself... same thing the government is doing.. take away the bags and forget about educating the populace on proper disposal methods or suggestions on ways to reuse them.

Backward thinking at it's finest.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I checked the area and apparently the news was wrong, big shocker.

The ban is on bags that are not made up of at least 40% recycled materials. So this is on the companies/stores to change their bags, not the consumers to find a new option.

Even people in my family were saying that all the bags will be gone. Gotta love how fast misinformation spreads. lol

My poo bags are safe.

Good.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
In england plastic bags are available for 10 p or maybe 5 p to encourage you to go for the thicker reusable ones the type of ones you carry laundry in.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
In england plastic bags are available for 10 p or maybe 5 p to encourage you to go for the thicker reusable ones the type of ones you carry laundry in.
I'd be fine with paying a nickel (5 cents USD) for a bag if I knew it would make a difference but the truth is, it won't... Not long term. People have to want to change and work together and we all know how well that goes within our own families let alone complete strangers.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
I'd be fine with paying a nickel (5 cents USD) for a bag if I knew it would make a difference but the truth is, it won't... Not long term. People have to want to change and work together and we all know how well that goes within our own families let alone complete strangers.

I always carry a backpack with me if I go shopping with a couple of extra bags inside. I agree it is about changing our attitudes. I keep loads of plastic bags good ones that are strong and re use them.

Reactions: Solid Snake