Phoenix Rising (Fan-made Pokemon RPG)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Phoenix Rising - The PokéCommunity
FAQ:

The game runs on PC. It is and will always be free. I am going to give this a go I think.
You can use a controller with it as well and the graphics look beautiful.
There are over 200 mons in the game (with megas) and they will likely be adding in more.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I want this game when it is finished. Since I know I can run roms, I feel more confident running it. Just watching the first bits I loved and I want a good Doggo as a starter!

83399c0273c03f946b34fed9fc2fcf6b.png

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I want this game when it is finished. Since I know I can run roms, I feel more confident running it. Just watching the first bits I loved and I want a good Doggo as a starter!

83399c0273c03f946b34fed9fc2fcf6b.png
I downloaded it soon as I heard about it. I didn't start it yet though. I might mess around with it later or tomorrow.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Didn't watch the vid but I downloaded it lol. I'll check it out whenever I get done with Dark Souls Remastered. Never really played any Pokemon fangames cause most of them just weren't good, but I'll give this one a shot. Sounds ambitious.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Didn't watch the vid but I downloaded it lol. I'll check it out whenever I get done with Dark Souls Remastered. Never really played any Pokemon fangames cause most of them just weren't good, but I'll give this one a shot. Sounds ambitious.
There was a lot of effort put into this one, I think it will be worth it.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Playing around with it now. You can actually set the text speed to instant and have the difficulty switched to Hard in the settings.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This plot synopsis makes it seem like they didn't want a Pokemon game at first but realized that they would get much more attention towards their game if they put Pokemon in it. At first glance, it isn't comically edgy like most Pokemon fan-made games, but it doesn't have a real Pokemon vibe to it like Pokemon Gaia. The quest system, episodic releases, and especially the talent system feel completely out of place. I'm certain it'll eventually become comically edgy over time as well given their story, the highlighting of "morally grey" decision making, and the characters being highlighted on their website (Mr. Tradition Is Icky, Ms. Tragic Backstory, Ms. I'm So Lonely). This should be its own stand-alone RPG, not a Pokemon game.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I played the first bit of the game. I like the small details in it. The fast saving, the potion, pokeball, etc fast buttons during battles, being able to speed up battles with the touch of a button to 3 different speeds, and so on. What is different is that this game/story changes depending on the choices you make. While this isn't standard Pokemon, I personally like the feature to the story.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I played the first bit of the game. I like the small details in it. The fast saving, the potion, pokeball, etc fast buttons during battles, being able to speed up battles with the touch of a button to 3 different speeds, and so on. What is different is that this game/story changes depending on the choices you make. While this isn't standard Pokemon, I personally like the feature to the story.

I think the idea of more "choices for branching paths" in the main series games should be an option, even if you don't have "Good and Evil" options since it is a kid's game. The stories, even though some people dislike the cutscenes, have got very solid (minus tutorial Island in gen 7, but after Island one it gets better and builds nicely and I did have some feels). So the stories they have now with a better balance for cutscenes and choices would be excellent.

Reactions: Solid Snake