Phil Davis Talks About His Injury, Timetable For Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
medium_1265953009_phil-davis-zuffa2_large.jpg
UFC light heavyweight Phil Davis was just a few weeks away from the biggest opportunity of his career at UFC 133 where he was scheduled to face former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans. Instead, he was sidelined with a knee injury and replaced by Tito Ortiz. Davis spoke to Heavy MMA about the injury (sort of), and talked about when he's gonna be back. On the injury:

"It was just one of those things. I just kind of got kicked and was like, `Man, this does not feel normal. Maybe I should possibly get this checked.' Sure enough, something was wrong with it."

Not exactly super descriptive, but I guess Phil didn't want to get into specifics. He's recovering well, but is taking it slowly:

"Everything is well, man; I can't complain. I did some aggressive physical therapy to get back into training as soon as possible, and now I'm just getting back into a regular training routine. I can't complain; things are really good for me right now."

"My thing is that I just want to follow the doctor's guidelines to a tee. I haven't been moving around on my knee too much. I did some really hard physical therapy, and they're like, `You don't have a regular knee. Even if it feels good, don't make the mistake of (thinking our knee is fine.)'

"My knees not fine, and after physical therapy, it needed a lot of rest and just time to let my body get used to having some extra instability. I really don't know as far as the timeline goes where I'm at on that, but I'm on it now and I'm moving around, [without] a whole lot of pain."

And what does he have in mind for his return?

"I'm Dana White's hitman. If your name is on his list, you're next."