Phil Davis Still Open To Fight With Rashad Evans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
One fight that could still be on the horizon for Davis is a fight with former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans.

Davis and Evans were the scheduled main event for UFC 133, before Davis suffered the knee injury that put him on the sidelines.

“That may be a fight that makes sense,â€￾ Davis told MMAWeekly Radio about facing Rashad Evans. “He’s still a top five guy, definitely one of the best guys in the world, we’ll see what happens. If that fight gets made, that’s still pretty cool. I’d like that.â€￾

Davis has never been a fighter to back down from any challenge. Whether the UFC comes calling with Rashad Evans or another name, his automatic response when Joe Silva asks is simply to say ‘yes’.

Prior to the injury, Davis had steadily been climbing the picture into the top ten of the division.

With wins over Alexander Gustafsson and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira already on his resume, the next step for Davis would seem to be a top level opponent like Evans, but the former NCAA champion will honestly face whoever the UFC sees fit.

He’s not worried about maintaing his spot in the top ten, or being the most talked about fighter in the division. Davis’ job is to go out, fight and win, against whoever the UFC puts in there with him.

“I personally don’t know or care, cause the great thing about me is you can give me somebody in the top five, or the top ten, or you can give me somebody not in the top ten, and I’m still confident that I’m going to win regardless,â€￾ Davis stated.

“If you want to pay me not to fight someone not in the top ten, cool. Let me know what’s next. I don’t make the decisions and I don’t pretend that I do.â€￾

MMANews.com

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I didn't any of the Heartbreak Express were MMA fighters.