Peter Capaldi to play the 12th doctor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
1098436_695902697090427_704215793_n.jpg

The BBC has just announced Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor Who lead actor. A special retrospective programme on BBC One staged Capaldi's hotly anticipated announcement and interviewed him briefly about his high-profile new role. While many actors may claim to be fans of the long-running series they're joining, Capaldi actually has credible evidence of that — the BBC dug up a 1988 letter he wrote, aged 15, urging for more Doctor Who series to be produced.
Peter Capaldi is best-known for playing the foulmouthed Malcolm Tucker in the satire series The Thick of It, so this new role marks a significant departure for the Glaswegian actor.

The Verge

Britons, any comments on this guy?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I have no issues with this. Talented actor in my book and will be a much needed change from the young slightly eccentric doctors. An older actor is a smart move I feel an he kinda reminds me of Sylvester McCoy in a way. Think this is a sweet move.

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
Eeeehhh I'm not sure yet. He's been in Doctor Who before and Torchwood so.. it seems a bit weird.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Eeeehhh I'm not sure yet. He's been in Doctor Who before and Torchwood so.. it seems a bit weird.
Looks can be changed I assume, hair and such. And outfit would also be a big factor I assume.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score

Half the people who have ever ended up in big roles in Doctor Who have been in it as minor characters at somepoint.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well, it was obvious it was either him or an unknown guy like Matt was. I'm excited yet horrified. Excited to see a new face become my favourite superhero, but horrified to know that my doctor, Matt, is leaving. Goodbye Matt, hello Peter. I guess the fall of the 11th has led to the rise of the 12th.