Pentagon confirms secret program on UFO sightings since 2007; official wants data released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Just before leaving his Defense Department job two months ago, intelligence officer Luis Elizondo quietly arranged to secure the release of three of the most unusual videos in the Pentagon's secret vaults: raw footage from encounters between fighter jets and "anomalous aerial vehicles" - military jargon for UFOs.

The videos, all taken from cockpit cameras, show pilots struggling to lock their radars on oval-shaped vessels that, on screen, look vaguely like giant flying Tic Tacs. The strange aircraft - no claims are made about their possible origins or makeup - appear to hover briefly before sprinting away at speeds that elicit gasps and shouts from the pilots.

Elizondo, in an internal Pentagon memo requesting that the videos be cleared for public viewing, argued that the images could help educate pilots and improve aviation safety. But in interviews, he said his ultimate intention was to shed light on a little-known program Elizondo himself ran for seven years: a low-key Defense Department operation to collect and analyze reported UFO sightings.

The existence of the program, known as the Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program, was confirmed officially for the first time Saturday by a Pentagon spokesman. The acknowledgment came in response to media inquiries, which were generated in part by a start-up company Elizondo has joined since retirement. The private company specializes in promoting UFO research for scientific and entertainment purposes.

Full article Pentagon confirms secret program on UFO sightings since 2007; official wants data released
:alien2: :dale:

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Well..... To be honest, It could be true.
The spaceship sightings. My Mom and My Aunt were teenager and in dif states when My Mom said she saw a Huge shape flying in the sky. It was night time and she said she saw flashing lights all over it. My Aunt had called her from a dif state asking my mom if she was seeing the same shape as she was seeing. She kept watching it and as it lifted up higher into the sky It disappeared within a minute. She even Described the shape it had too

Reactions: Swift

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well..... To be honest, It could be true.
The spaceship sightings. My Mom and My Aunt were teenager and in dif states when My Mom said she saw a Huge shape flying in the sky. It was night time and she said she saw flashing lights all over it. My Aunt had called her from a dif state asking my mom if she was seeing the same shape as she was seeing. She kept watching it and as it lifted up higher into the sky It disappeared within a minute. She even Described the shape it had too

I don't want to be a jerk or to question anyone's honesty, but stories like this are generally why I don't have a ton of respect for the idea of believing in such things. So, your aunt and your mom were in different states and saw an object so large that it could be seen from two different states... but they were the only ones who saw it? If they truly believe they saw something, and I suggest that they may, a much simpler explanation is that they had a similar memory which was conformed such as demonstrated by the Deese-Roediger-McDermott paradigm.

See, I would ask them what the date was and then search for other UFO reports that happened on that date. People who have seen it at the same time would lend validity to what happened.

And again, I don't mean this as an affront to either your mom nor your aunt. One of the worst things about being a skeptic is challenging people who say they see something because it's terrible to seem like I am accusing anyone of being a liar. But I prefer to press people to examine as much of the evidence as possible because having more evidence to verify what you believe can never be a bad thing. Evidence brings you closer to the truth, which may or may not be what you want it to... but isn't it worth a chance to prove right?

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I don't want to be a jerk or to question anyone's honesty, but stories like this are generally why I don't have a ton of respect for the idea of believing in such things. So, your aunt and your mom were in different states and saw an object so large that it could be seen from two different states... but they were the only ones who saw it? If they truly believe they saw something, and I suggest that they may, a much simpler explanation is that they had a similar memory which was conformed such as demonstrated by the Deese-Roediger-McDermott paradigm.

See, I would ask them what the date was and then search for other UFO reports that happened on that date. People who have seen it at the same time would lend validity to what happened.

And again, I don't mean this as an affront to either your mom nor your aunt. One of the worst things about being a skeptic is challenging people who say they see something because it's terrible to seem like I am accusing anyone of being a liar. But I prefer to press people to examine as much of the evidence as possible because having more evidence to verify what you believe can never be a bad thing. Evidence brings you closer to the truth, which may or may not be what you want it to... but isn't it worth a chance to prove right?
This was before I was born so it happened sometime in the 80's