Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission Rep Q&A Live Coverage

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
UFCMiddleweightNateMarquardt2_large_medium_large.jpg
A representative of the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission will be meeting with the media at 4 p.m ET/1 p.m. PT today to address the UFC on Versus 4 card. The rep is apparently going to shed some light on the Nate Marquardt situation, although it is unknown at this time how much information will be provided. BloodyElbow.com will provide you with live updates from the Q&A right here.

As most of you know by now, Nate Marquardt failed his medicals and was removed from his main-event fight with Rick Story on Saturday afternoon, just before the official weigh-ins. Not long after that, UFC president Dana White posted a video that said Nate would no longer fight for the UFC as well. Charlie Brenneman was moved up to replace Marquardt while Pat Barry vs. Cheick Kongo was moved into the main event position. There has been no word from anyone about the Narqardt situation as of yet, other than a tweet from Nate himself this morning:

.bbpBox85016536343003137 {background:url(http://a2.twimg.com/profile_background_images/59859814/x3d70fc62cc49faac6734f34ae1fdc10.jpg) #1A1B1F;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

I'm sorry to all my fans and the UFC for not passing the medicals for tonight's fight. I'm heart broken I couldn't fight, but I will b backless than a minute ago via HootSuite Favorite Retweet Reply Nate Marquardt
NathanMarquardt

Check back here for live updates of the Q&A.