Paul 'Semtex' Daley vs. Evangelista 'Cyborg' Santos Booked For July 30th

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
paul_daley_semtex_large.jpg
Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson just got way more explosive with the addition of what sounds like an awesome welterweight war. Paul "Semtex" Daley will meet Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos on the July 30th card in Hoffman Estates, IL. The press release from Daley's management team, Fight Management, has some comments from Daley on the fight:

"I’m happy to be fighting again. It’s a big fight. For those who haven’t seen the Melvin Manhoef vs. Cyborg fight, watch it and expect the same outcome for Cyborg … He’ll be knocked out," Daley said.

"Just like me, Cyborg’s been around since the Cage Rage days. He brings experience and power to the cage, like me. He’s an aggressive guy, like me. And it will be an entertaining fight, like mine always are."

Santos was expected to meet Tarec Saffiedine on the July 30th card, but the fight was never confirmed by the promotion. With this new bout signed and the recent news that Nick Diaz vacated his Strikeforce welterweight title, let the speculation begin whether this bout will be contested for that title. Will Daley vs. Cyborg be a five-rounder? We should find out in the coming days. Both fighters are coming off losses to Diaz in title fights, so it would make sense.