Paul London does not like CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
There's isn't anything that's lingering, it's just nothing that ever redeemed that. There's nothing that harbors from it. I remember when I first signed with WWE, catching some weird locker room wind because I was still attached to the ROH at the time. I caught some sort of wind that I was a big sell out, but it always came directed from him. I also heard [Samoa] Joe's name thrown in there, but I didn't buy that because I was more familiar with Joe. I didn't think much of it because I didn't know Phil.

Fast forward to--I'm wrestling Kidman on some PPV in Jersey (in '04) and there was a ROH show nearby. I called some friends and made the drive, and I met a lot of guys that night. I met Jimmy Jacobs that night, and I met Jack Evans that night. There were a whole bunch of new guys and it was exciting. It was a really cool atmosphere that I had missed, but I was excited because I had a PPV the next day, and I had a singles match and that was really neat. It was the closest thing I had, at the time, that ever resembled a storyline. I was under the illusion that I might be going somewhere.

So anyway, I was at this ROH show, and I so clearly remember Jack Evans coming up to me and asking when I was going to come back. I'm like, "Man, I don't even know this guy, and he's so nice. He wants me to come back. Why would I come back [though]? I'm finally getting to where I want to go?". And it kind of veered off for a bit, and he's likes, "Man, Punk is such a...he's like the HHH of the locker room. I'm can't stand this motherfucker". And then I heard other guys grumbling that Punk's like this dictator of this locker room, who's this politic guy. And that's all I would hear is he's this politic guy, all he did was politic, politic, politic.

So I see him in the corner of this eye pacing. "What the fuck is this guy doing? He's like a tiger. Why is he so upset about? Everyone's so welcoming, everyone's real warm--people I don't even know." Finally, he comes and says, "Hi". Just real stern, like a dickhead. Then he walked out, like it was his obligation. I don't know if he was upset that guys like me, and didn't like the methods he was using, or developing, or pefecting, or sharping, or whatever it is.

Then later on you catch wind of things that him and Brent Albright are booking shows in OVW. Then you start thinking are they in developmental to learn the tv style, or are they--what is really going on? Who goes to developmental to book the shows?

I'm not a fan of politics. I'm not a fan of asshole.

Quite an interesting read.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I can't see Punk as any more of a politicker than a regular top guy tbh. Would be strange to see him as a mini HHH, especially after his belt hog comments during his shoot with Joe.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Punk's supposed to be the last guy you imagine as a politic, but you never know.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Punk is part of the illuminati. HHH is the leader.

amjustthat

Jobber
Reaction score
So basically, he's gossiping about having heard gossip about Punk?

Finally, he comes and says, "Hi". Just real stern, like a dickhead. Then he walked out, like it was his obligation. I don't know if he was upset that guys like me, and didn't like the methods he was using, or developing, or pefecting, or sharping, or whatever it is.

I think Paul London is reading way too much into this, if it's even true. If he's upset about it, I think Paul London needs to get over himself.

Reactions: Asskicker

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I wouldn't put is against Punk to politic at least a bit. Plus the whole cold shoulder to Paul? Simple. At the time Punk credited himself as a Indie guy, of course he was going to be butthurt when someone who was an indie guy but made it to the big leagues came for a visit. A lot of people say Punk can be quite vain like that. Yet he "sold out" himself so to speak. Becoming so good in his craft that he was put in the mainstream of it.