Paul Heyman praises Finn Balor on RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Okay, so - everyone knows that Finn Balor is talented. But, Paul Heyman came out on Raw to praise Finn Balor, and buried just about everyone else in the fatal 5 way match, including Vince's favorite - Roman Reigns...

It got me thinking last night. Hmmm.... What to make of this? Is WWE putting Balor in a fast lane to a heavy push? I mean, fuuuuuuck... Heyman just buried everyone in the promo. I know it's scripted, but to have someone of Heyman's stature put a lot of praise upon the so-called "underdog"? Everyone knows who Heyman is, so - when Heyman praises someone, he puts him over. I mean, over. *nods*

(For those of you who don't remember, this is similar to The Rock doing a promo with Bray Wyatt, and putting him over at Wrestlemania of all places...)

For reference (for those of you who didn't see Raw last night), here's what I'm talking about...

Thoughts? Comments? Predictions (on where this is going...?)

Reactions: Patriot Pants

irish_stu

Jobber
Reaction score
It was a strange one, considering that the other four were in action with each other Finn was a bit of a spinning wheel having no involvement. Are they trying to set him apart as the top guy in that group? Was listening to a podcast about this where they spoke about Heyma thinking Finn v Brock is money and this type of public stuff is a way of proving that to Brock.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah, Heyman putting Bálor over like that was a bit surprising. And I hope they do Lesnar vs Bálor, because The Beast vs The Demon King sounds like money to me.

Reactions: Smg

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
Balor is the rumoured frontrunner to take on Lesnar at Great Balls of Fire, which means they've had to accelerate his storylines to cover Strowman's injury. Roman is lining up against Wyatt and Seth/Joe is unaffected.

The reason Balor is being put over huge right now is that WWE never had much of a chance to really introduce him to a casual audience. He only really had 2 big moments on Raw so far to declare him as a big deal so having Heyman come out and show respect is a big boost to that casual viewership. You have to remember that a majority percentage of wrestling fans will have no idea who Balor is.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

irish_stu

Jobber
Reaction score
I can see the logic to this, in that case i wish they did more of than with the NXT talent coming up, they just appear at times with very little fan fare or explanation.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Something on Raw was actually used to tell you how awesome someone on the roster is. Thank you, Heyman.