Paul Daley Discusses Relationship With UFC's Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
paul_daley_semtex_large_large.jpg
Describing Paul Daley's relationship with the UFC as "rocky" would certainly be an understatement. Daley was on his way to a title shot when he got taken down for three rounds by Josh Koscheck. Unable to gracefully accept defeat in this situation, Daley threw a sucker punch after the final bell.

This led to Daley's UFC release and a statement by UFC president Dana White that Daley would never again fight in the promotion.

In a recent interview with MMA Fight Corner, Daley went a bit more in depth on his relationship with White and also Lorenzo Fertitta:

"I kind of got the impression from the first time I met him that he didn't like me," Daley said. "He's like that you know. There have been a bunch of unnecessary UFC releases, and I guess if Dana likes somebody he will give them chances, if not, he will let them go. I've only spoken to Dana after the Dustin Hazelett fight, and I spoke to him just initially when I entered the UFC, literally just two times."

"On the other note, Lorenzo, I've spoken to him a bunch of times," Daley stated. "He was the one who came up and said, 'Well done Paul, you got the Hazelett KO of the night bonus.' He came to me for the Nick Diaz fight, like came to me out of his way personally, and came into the locker room and said, 'good luck.'"

"It's quite funny, I've seen both of them (while coaching Winner against Anthony Njokuani at UFC 132) and Dana walked straight pass me. He's like, you know, I'm guessing I was in his line of sight, and he walks passed me. And Lorenzo walks passed and stops and he greets me. I think that shows the character of different individuals. I just think Lorenzo Fertitta is a real cool guy. It is funny how the real guy, the guy with the money, the real boss behind the scenes, is the coolest guy and the front man can be a bit of a problem."

I still think there is a decent chance that Paul gets back to the UFC but he's going to have to win and win constantly and force Dana and company to welcome him back.