Parents accused of holding 13 kids captive are charged with torture

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
A couple in Perris beat, strangled and shackled their children for years, the abuse escalating from neglect to torture over time, prosecutors said Thursday.

Formal charges were announced Thursday against the parents accused of abusing their 13 children inside their Perris home.

David Turpin, 56, and Louise Turpin, 49, were each charged with multiple felony counts of torture, child abuse, abuse of dependent adults and false imprisonment, Riverside County Dist. Atty. Michael Hestrin announced. David Turpin also was charged with one count of a lewd act on a child by force. If convicted, they face up to 94 years to life in prison. They were arrested this week on suspicion of torture and child endangerment.

"As a prosecutor, there are some cases that haunt you," Hestrin told reporters Thursday. "Some deal with human depravity, and that's what we're dealing with here."

The Turpins' 13 children, ranging in age from 2 to 29, were captives in the couple's tract house on Muir Woods Road and appeared to have undergone years of abuse and starvation, authorities said. Some were shackled to their beds.

Hestrin said the children were forced to sleep during the day and were awake only at night. He said that the teenage girl who escaped from the home and alerted police about conditions inside had been "working on a plan to escape this abuse for more than two years."

The parents would buy food for themselves, but not allow the children to eat it, Hestrin said. The couple would buy apple pies that only he and his wife ate and toys that sat unopened, he said.

Read the whole thing here - Horrific details emerge as Perris parents accused of holding 13 kids captive are charged with torture

Just awful.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I'd strap them both to an electric chair & turn the voltage
up till their eyes melt & their brains run out their nose.

Humans are just worst sometimes...

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
A couple in Perris beat, strangled and shackled their children for years, the abuse escalating from neglect to torture over time, prosecutors said Thursday.

Formal charges were announced Thursday against the parents accused of abusing their 13 children inside their Perris home.
Some ppl just shouldn't Have kids!!! Especially People like this.... who are abusive.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
These people need to be covered in honey and thrown into a pit filled with fire ants.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Some of them were grown adults too. They must have been brain washing them. How people get away with this crap for that long is beyond me.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Wtf is wrong with people? I don’t get how people even get the mindset to do this sort of thing.

I don’t want children, but if I get pregnant I will take care of the child to the best of my ability, not chain them up in a basement. Seriously, wtf is wrong with people?

Reactions: Nikki Nitro