Ovince St. Preux's Camp Wants Gegard Mousasi

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
25-ovince-st.-preux_large.jpg
Ovince St. Preux has looked mighty impressive in his Strikeforce career to date, and his camp thinks he's destined for big things. OSP is coming off a 72-second victory over Joe Cason at Strikeforce Challenger 17 last month, where he made Cason tap to punches. Who should he fight next? His camp expressed to MMA Weekly that they would like to fight Gegard Mousasi:

"We want Gegard Mousasi," Nima Safapour of Alchemist MMA told MMAWeekly.com. "We think Gegard is one of the most accomplished fighters in this business.

"We think it will be an exciting fight for the fans and it’ll be the right kind of evolution because both those guys are coming off a win. If the stars align, I think Gegard would be the best fight, for both fighters, to be honest with you."

He's won all four of his fights under the Strikeforce banner, and is currently on an eight-fight winning streak overall. Still, Mousasi is a gigantic jump in competition and it would be a very tough matchup for OSP. Mousasi's last fight in Strikeforce was a disputed draw against Keith Jardine in April, but he fought in Dream less than a month ago. Would Strikeforce make that matchup? With Jardine dropping to middleweight it would seem that Jardine/Mousasi 2 is out the window, so it's a possibility. I would expect OSP to get one more quality challenger before he steps up to a fighter like Mousasi though.