Opinions on Jack Swagger?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Just curious to see everyone's opinion on this guy. I remember him being pretty well liked some months back, but don't really see him mentioned much anymore.

Personally, I think he's pretty fucking bland. Good in the ring, don't mind watching his matches. But he is awful on the mic (the silly lithp doesn't help), and his character is just so.. well bland. he has no charisma whatsoever. Nothing exciting or interesting about the guy.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
When he came back with Zeb I was really excited. He finally had a mouthpiece to go along with his great in ring work. However, I don't know if the character wore thin or creative dropped the ball. I'm going to have to say a little bit of both. He had to evolve a bit after losing to ADR, but did not. I don't know if the character is capable of a comeback at this point, he's entertaining when he's wrestling, so it'd be a shame if he just disappeared for good.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
To state the obvious - good in-ring worker, but terrible on the mic and a boring personality. Zeb is interesting to listen to, but Swagger just stands there as a black hole of charisma and has no aura or presence at all to draw you into his work otherwise.

Reactions: Swift

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
He's good in the ring, terribad in the mic.
I think he should have talked the same way he did during his first run as WHC. Slow being the main word.
Also, if he didn't fuck up, he could have been somewhat more interesting.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
I liked him a lot when he was the All American American gimmick and I somewhat enjoy him now. Like most, I think he's average.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Outside of his awesome theme I don't see much in him. He's not awful as a technical wrestler, but I just don't find him entertaining.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Great matches, hate the lisp. He isnt big enough (crazy to say) to be a monster presence, but isnt good enough to speak for himself.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
In short, he's dull as fuck and WWE has the strangest ideas of how to push him.

But of course, I feel the need to elaborate. To the former, his character is incredibly bland and his mic skills follow suit and the latter which, I feel, is only accentuated by his lisp. As a wrestler . . . meh. There's nothing particularly wrong with him from a purely technical point I suppose but he never really manages to make me connect or draw me into the action. He's just not fun to watch wrestle, his matches really suck but they never excite either. I can get mild entertainment out of some of his better matches but a lot of them just end up kind of bland. So, I don't really care for him in the ring but I don't have much I can really criticize him for. As for the latter, I just always find WWE's method of booking him strange. He's constantly gone months on end without doing a single thing of worth, only to immediately get pushed for the World Title. Once when he won the Money in the Bank and again when he returned with Zeb Coulter (whom I also don't care about). I just don't quit get it.

Reactions: Swift and Snowman1

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I don't like Jack Swagger. He's average in the ring and shitty on the mic. I do however like his gimmick with Zeb, well I mostly just like Zeb. However I think that was kind of sent to the bottom of the pile because of that DUI.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Deserves to be fired for being so careless with DZ.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Solid worker but is not the type of guy to deliver classic matches imo. Not much of a personality and no mic skills whatsoever.