One More Reign!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Let's face it folks, there are a lot of WWE superstars... great superstars... who are coming up on the end of their careers. We all know that there are more than five WWE Superstars right now that are due to wrestle their last matches any given month. Everyone from good old grandpa Undertaker, to the seemingly youthful Christian are prepared to hang up their boots for the last time, any given match. So, with all that in mind, which close-to-retired WWE Superstar would you most prefer to see hold the title once more before they retire?

Me personally, I'm pulling for one last Rey Mysterio WWE title reign. I haven't always been an enormous Rey fan, at times I've felt as though I could live without him, but at the end of the day, this man deserves respect. Looking back, it occurs to me that Rey CAN carry a brand, as he does earn the WWE more money in merchandise than anyone except for Cena. Also, in hindsight, he can have good matches with anyone. Small guys, big guys, round guys, skinnny guys, old guys, young guys, technicians, brawlers, gorillas... you name it, he can wrestle with it and he can have a good match with it. Rey is absolutely one of the best wrestlers of this past decade, and people often overlook him because the only times he was given a chance as world champ was when Smackdown was either in a slump, or waiting to put the belt on someone else. That is why I think Rey is legitimately deserving of a WWE title reign. The way I see it, Punk should beat Jericho, but drop the title to a returning Rey around No Way Out (June) and not only allow Rey to have his one last reign, but also give him a five star match with a man he has a past with to leave a lasting impression.

So who, out of the older gentlemen on the roster who only have enough time left for one reign, do you believe most deserves that said world title reign?

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Favorite Sports Team
TTa0tmV
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
King Kong Bundy.

But seriously I agree about Mysterio but I would always love to see Mark Henry win another title like he did last year. He is one of the most improved wrestlers I have ever seen.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I just feel bad that Henry evolved so late in his career. If he could have hit this growth in about 2000-2002, things would have been A LOT different for him.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Favorite Sports Team
TTa0tmV
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
For sure. I remember when his 10-year contract expired in like 2006 or 2007 and everybody thought WWE was crazy for re-signing him for another 5 years. Obviously they were wrong. Honestly the worst thing WWE did was give him managers. Daivari didn't do anything, Atlas didn't do anything, Long didn't do anything. He just needed to be by himself to become the beauty that he is today.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'd say he is the most legit monster going right now. More than Kane. More than Brodus. More than Khali. More than Taker even, in many ways.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Favorite Sports Team
TTa0tmV
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
The one thing I will always remember is when Henry and Big Daddy V gave Taker that massive torture rack for Edge. They just destroyed him.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I would say Christian but personally I don't think he's leaving soon. He seems to be in great shape and if he decided to come back to wwe then I'm sure he was planning on it being for a long time.

This is a hard question. I would say undertaker but I don't think he's working a full schedule anymore and obviously the wwe champion needs to do that. I guess the right choice is Rey Mysterio. Considering he's so small, he's made a huge impact on this business. Look at his other reigns. In his first reign, he was squashed by Mark Henry and Great Khali two weeks in a row. Then in his second reign he held the title for a month before being destroyed by Kane. And do I even need to say how his most recent reign went. So year I hope Rey Mysterio gets one more reign. Personally I hope he's a heel.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I feel like Christian is actually rather injury prone. To be fair, Rey is too. But at the rate Christian is going, he's probably got two or three more years left if his he sustains repeat injuries, like I'm sure he will. I don't want his retirement to come soon, but it's likely that it will.