ONE FC Fight Card and Betting Odds: Folayang, Gracie, and Moreira Favored

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
ONE FC's debut event is this weekend, and with the absence of notable live Japanese MMA events being broadcast, this card would be something that the BE Night Crew could look forward to... Although it will start at around 7am ET, so we might have to change it to the BE Breakfast Crew, and unless you're Matt Roth, you're probably going to have to settle on getting drunk with pancakes and maple syrup instead.

Anyway, getting back to the point, here are the betting odds that have just been released for the main card:

A Sol Kwon (+290) vs. Eduard Folayang (-350)http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/132903/eduard-folayang

Phil Baroni (+120) vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida (-125)

Mitch Chilson (-110) vs. Eric Kelly (-120)

Gregor Gracie (-750) vs. Seok Mo Kim (+450)

Andy Wang (+300) vs. Zorobabel Moreira (-500)http://forums.wrestlingsmarks.../mma/fight/950/onefc-andy-wang-vs-zorobabel-moreira

I've always felt that 'Zoro', and especially Gracie, who will be facing a late replacement, were going to be huge favorites going in. Baroni vs. Yoshida and Chilson vs. Kelly are really close bouts that could go either way, so there's not much of a surprise with how these lines were set up.

The only noticeable betting line given would probably be on the headliner. Folayang being as high as -350 is probably because Kwon is stepping in on relatively late notice, and that he's much more of an unknown to most people.

I can guarantee that this bout will be much closer than what the odds suggest though. Kwon is an experienced veteran who has decent wrestling, and a very dangerous stand up game. He's used to fighting multiple times and on short notice, and he definitely has a bigger chance of pulling off the upset than what these odds portay.

Odds courtesy of BestFightOdds.com

Here's the rest of the preliminary card: