ONE FC: Behind the Scenes and Event Gallery

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Bloody_Elbow_Photo_Gallery_Banner_large.jpg

You have probably seen a few of the official photos from ONE FC's inaugural event this weekend, and now here are the several interesting backstage and event photos that I was able to take while I was in Singapore.

Pictured above, is PRIDE, and now ONE FC, Rule Director and Head Official, Matt "The Wizard" Hume, briefing the fighters and the officials a couple of hours before the event started. Check out more behind the scenes photos after the jump.

DAY OF THE WEIGH-INS

Eduard Folayang sharing pleasantries with his original ONE FC opponent, and fellow Filipino, Ole Laursen, who suffered a knee injury during training. This was a few minutes before heading to the weigh-ins.

Renzo Gracie speaking with URCC Head, Bubbles Aguilar during the weigh-ins.

DREAM Lightweight Champion, Shinya Aoki speaking with official, Yuji Shimada, while Josh Thomson poses for the camera.

The ONE FC Ring Girls at the weigh-ins.

Phil Baroni and Josh Thomson after the NYBA made weight.

After the weigh-ins, all 20 fighters on the card line up to pose for the media.

Yuji Shimada, Matt Hume, and Bas Rutten hanging out after the weigh-ins concluded.

DAY OF THE EVENT

The circular ONE FC cage, hours before the Arena was opened to the public.

Japanese mainstays, Yuji Shimada and Shinya Aoki hanging out before the event starts.

The ONE FC cage after the lights were turned on and people were allowed in the Arena.

The ONE FC Ring Announcer

Yuji Shimada the referee for the first event.

Leandro Issa vs. Soo Chul Kim, with Issa about to land a knee to the head.

Former Boxing world champ Yodsanan Sityodtong celebrating after winning his MMA debut

Akihiro Gono, who is rumored to be negotiating with ONE FC, is enjoying a few drinks at the open bar on the VIP section

Singapore local, Radeem Rahman is lifted up and drew massive cheers from the hometown crowd.

Unbeaten URCC Featherweight Champion, Eric Kelly on the prep point.

Eric Kelly gets emotional after defeating his heavily marketed and hyped opponent in Mitch Chilson.

Kazuo Misaki watching the replay at the big screen as he corners Yoshiyuki Yoshida.

Phil Baroni stares angrily at Zenko shortly after their bout ended.

Zenko Yoshida happy about his co-headlining victory.

Yes, more ring girl pics.

Eduard Folayang vs. A Sol Kwon, The URCC champion earned a $5000 FOTN bonus and a broken nose.

ONE FC Ring Announcer posing with Gono and Misaki after the event concluded.

ONE FC Commentators after the event, recording a few lines for the delayed TV broadcast of the event.

DAY AFTER THE EVENT

The flight back to the Philippines got delayed, so Eric Kelly decided to take a nap at the airport.

Eduard Folayang, Eric Kelly, and Lakay Wushu Head Coach, Mark Sangiao already reviewing their fights on YouTube while at the airport.

Don't forget to follow me on twitter where I posted other news, notes and photos from the event.