Omos talks wrestling Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
024_wm39_04022023ca_16560--fc61a617b6c71d1bd52bb3c860f23538.webp

Omos believes Brock Lesnar 'has figured out this business down to the core.'

The 29-year-old from Lagos, Nigeria told the Daily Mail recently that his WrestleMania 39 opponent doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Omos said of Lesnar:

"I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves. He’s such an amazing and talented worker. He has figured out this business to the core. From his facial expressions, to his physicality, to his selling. He gets it. Most importantly he understands his role depending on where he’s put. He has such awareness and that’s the person he is."
Lesnar defeated Omos on the second night of WrestleMania 39 in a match that went just under five minutes.

Omos continued to say of Lesnar:

"Working with him, at first he was getting a feel for me and making me feel comfortable and he made sure I felt that way around WrestleMania. I remember having a conversation with him about how to prepare and he just said, 'Don’t worry!'"
"'For him, he wanted to see whether I could live up to expectations. Everything in life is a test and I knew I had to go out there and put everything I have learned into that match and I’m glad it came out the way it did."
"Brock is amazing. He was pleased after. I wanted to make sure he had fun, that’s always my goal. When it’s fun, you want to keep on doing it."

Omos recalled learning he was going to face Lesnar while backstage at the 2/20 WWE Raw from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

He continued:

"It was the night after Elimination Chamber and we had Raw in Ottawa. I wasn’t on the show and I was going to do what I was supposed to do, drive back to Montreal to fly home."
"I was going to get a haircut and one of our producers said whatever you do, don’t go anywhere. I was on the show, but not a match, a backstage. They said it was a backstage with MVP and you guys are going to call out Brock."
"The moment they said that I just go blank. They keep talking and I couldn’t hear a word they said. They asked if I was OK, I said, 'Yes, did you just say Brock Lesnar?' He said yes. I said, 'No, THE Brock Lesnar? Woah, OK.'"
"I thought I was getting ribbed. So I go in and get there early and I see Paul Heyman. I say hi, he says Brock is coming and I know it’s real. This is happening.
'"

Omos hasn't wrestled on WWE programming since losing to Seth Rollins at WWE Backlash from Puerto Rico on May 6. The match went just over 10 minutes and was given a three-star rating from our own Dave Meltzer. He has been wrestling regularly on house shows, however, against opponents such as Dolph Ziggler, Ricochet, and Rick Boogs.

As for Lesnar, he's currently expected to face Cody Rhodes at WWE SummerSlam on August 5. The two are 1-1 against each other in singles matches, with Rhodes winning at Backlash and Lesnar coming out victorious at Night of Champions via referee stoppage.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He's only 29?? The more you know I guess.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Yeah he definitely got a 40 year old face…

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Brock gets thie business and imparts wisdon, you'd never know that if you read neckneard narratives.

And Omos is 29, more years for haters to keep hating.

Reactions: Swamps

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Omos is never gonna be shit. Anyone who thinks he is is delusional :lol