OMB Strives For A Better Progress! A BTB Reviving British Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
progr.jpeg

A statement from Progress Shareholders.
"Progress Wrestling was once held as the very best independent promotion in all of wrestling. Now over the past for years our legacy was left tainted and the horrific events of the #metoo era put a red flag and a stigma on all of the British scene. We here at Progress look to move forward and try to attempt to make a better Progress Wrestling one of which can hold the standards both in and out of the ring. Which is why, Progress Wrestling will start anew with our new chapter, at our next chapter under new guidance of our commissioner, spokesmen, ambassador."

main-qimg-9911eaa88336a43474c228282da48384-lq

" I love British Wrestling, and while we can't change the past, we can build a better future. Join us on the path to progress."

Should say this is set March 2022

Champions:
Progress Unifed World Champion:
Cara Noir

Progress Atlas Champion:
Vacant

Progress Proteus Champion:
Vacant

Progress Tag Team Champions:
The Smoking Aces (Charlie Sterling & Nick Riley)

Progress Women's Champion:
Gisele Shaw

Roster:
Male Wrestlers:
ACH
Alex Shelley
Andrew Everett
Big Damo/Killian Dain
Big Guns Joe
Cara Noir (c)
Charlie Sterling (c)
Chris Ridgeway (injured torn Achilles)
Chuck Mambo
Dan Moloney
Daniel Garica (Talent Exchange w/AEW)
Danny Black
Danny Jones
Dante Martin (Talent Exchange w/AEW)
Davey Boy Smith Jr.
David Finley Jr. (Talent Exchange w/NJPW)
Dean Allmark
Doug Williams
Eddie Dennis (Talent Exchange w/WWE)
ELIJAH
Ethan Allen
Gene Munney
Joe Hendry
Joseph Breaks
Joseph Connors
Kid Lykos
Kid Lykos II
Kushida
LK Menzinger
Luke Jacobs
MLD (Man Like DeRiess)
Mark Andrews (Talent Exchange w/WWE)
Matt Marquee/Aiden English (Talent Exchange w/Impact) (used as color/mouthpiece)
Nick Riley (c)
Robbie Eagles (Talent Exchange w/NJPW)
Rockstar Spud
Shane Strickland (Talent Exchange w/everyone)
Spike Trivet (also does color)
Stevie Boy
Warren Banks

Womens Roster:
Alexiss Falcon
Deonna Purrazzo (Talent Exchange w/Impact & AAA)
Gisele Shaw (c)
Kenji
Katie Lea Burchill
Lana Austin
Laura Di Matteo
Mercedes Blaze
Nina Samuels (Talent Exchange w/WWE)
Nixon Newell
Raven Creed
Session Moth Martina
Taonga

Managers:
Doug Williams
Spike Trivet
William Regal

Tag Teams:
Agile Airlines (Dante Martin & Andrew Everett)
Big Money Big Guns (Gene Munney & Big Guns Joe)
Experiment In Terror (Elijah & LK Menzinger)
North West Strong (Daniel Garica & Chris Ridgeway)
Lykos Gym
The 0121 (Moloney & MLD)
The Lesson (Eddie Dennis & Big Damo)
The Smoking Aces (c) (Charlie Sterling & Nick Riley)
The Young Guns (Luke Jacobs & Ethan Allen)
Time-Splitters (Shelley & Kushida)
Underdog United (Mark Andrews & Rockstar Spud)

Stables:
Blackpool Combat Club
(William Regal, Doug Williams, Davey Boy Smith Jr. , ???)

Freak Show
(???)

Headline Act
(Deonna, Lana Austin, Nina Samuels, Matt Marquee)

Underdog United
(Andrews, Nixon, Spud)

Last edited:

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Chapter 109 Card:
Progress World Championship Match
Cara Noir (c) vs. Spike Trivet

Atlas Tournament Rd 1:
Shane Strickland vs. Danny Black
Eddie Dennis vs. Charlie Sterling

Womens Championship:
Gisele Shaw vs. Alexiss Falcon vs. Lana Austin vs. Nina Samuels

ACH vs. Chuck Mambo

#1 contenders match for tag titles
Time Splitters vs. Lykos Gym vs. Agility Airlines

(Please do note the first show my ass forgot to sign a ref and had to use my ava)​

Reactions: Death By Looch

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

(Hype Video)

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
This project tickles my fancy

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Chapter 109

The show opens up showing off the crowd before the music goes off of one William Regal. William Regal stands in the middle of the ring with a smile on his face.

db69b79976ebd5b6a30e282c947cfd18fb7b3e62.gifv

William Regal: Ladies & Gentleman, let me be the very first to welcome you to Progress Wrestling Chapter 109. We have a good show for you tonight as we will see some of the very best British Wrestling on the planet here tonight. We have some surprises here for you too as I am proud to announce to you that I have a group of men that I will be leading in a stable called Blackpool Combat Club. This group of course will have myself Doug Williams, Davey Boy Smith Jr. and someone that I will introduce next week to you that will be making his return to Progress Wrestling. Now as for tonight we will be opening up with a fatal four-way match for Progress Womens Championship.

Match One:
Progress Womens Championship Match
Gisele Shaw (c) vs. Lana Austin vs. Alexiss Falcon vs. Nina Samuels

gisele-shaw.gif

babc018c97355cf09e21d0800d7d848502e93340.gifv
EEN0tRbXsAAX1Ib.jpg

8b908a2694860c60e0a214a7e26216e5d8084cd6.jpg

End Of Match: The match was going back and forth with each women going back and forth except for Lana Austin & Nina Samuels who have seem to team up on Shaw. Shaw grabs Samuels & Austin and set up for a double suplex as she does go for its Falcon comes out of nowhere with a spear leaving all four women down in the middle of the ring. Falcon goes for the cover on Austin only to see Samuels; break up the cover.

Falcon grabs Samuels sets her up for a dragon suplex only to Shaw connect with a big boot. Shaw grabs Austin by the back of her head and throws her into the turnbuckle looking for moonsault. Shaw misses it and Austin hits a shining wizard and looks for another cover, the three count is nearly counted only to see Falcon break it up. Falcon hits a deadlift german suplex on Shaw and tries to bridge it but, Nina comes in with a leg vice and tries to lock in a submission. Austin comes in with a senton, on Shaw.

Shaw gets her shoulder up and then hits a DDT before setting up Falcon for a brainbuster. Shaw gets the three-count right as Nina and Austin come in.

Winner:
Gisele Shaw by pinfall

After the match, Shaw holds her title up high, as she does the music of one Deonna Purrazzo plays with Matt Marquee by her side suddenly, Nina Samuels & Lana Austin attack her from behind with Deonna smiling as she makes her way to the ring the three of them stand tall in the ring and announce themselves as The Headline Act.

4a6ca018d3dc6b5393e25cc103edf9f2594ad06e.gif

1d740191a0c5edf3b3657587a1b720c620ec8dca.gifv

Spike Trivet stands in the backstage area he holds Cara Noir's old, shattered mask in his hand. He smiles at it and begins to speak.

Spike Trivet: Cara Noir, you bastard you may have thought that you saw the last of me that in the past that was our final act but, no it was far from it. No, you thought you were better than me, didn't you? You laughed in my face when I dare to try and get a shot at your Progress World Unified Title. I held onto that anger and when the time was right, I released it at the right time I cost you a shot at the ROH World Champion and because of that I am the bad guy? I am the bad guy because I want what I am owed tonight, Cara I am taking the Progress World Unified Championship.

Match Two:
Atlas Tournament 1st Rd Match
Shane Strickland vs. Danny Black
wwe-nxt.gif

aos1jqhxg2g81.jpg

End Of Match: A back and forth affair with a high pace action sees Strickland actually on the ropes following a series of nasty kicks to his head. Strickland is sent to the outside as Danny Black would hit a baseball slide. Strickland swerves himself to the side as Danny goes for a suicide dive to connect with a House Call to the side of his head as he lays out on ropes. Strickland smiles as he jumps up to the apron and sends Black back into the ring. He tries for a tornado ddt into the ring but, Black reverses it sends Strickland off the corner. Danny then climbs to the top rope and dives to the outside with a crossbody. Danny with a superkick and then attempts a unique spinning backbreaker but, Strickland reverses it and hits a poison rana. Strickland spikes Danny right on his head and goes for a cover.

No!

Danny with the shoulder up just as two was counted and Strickland feels beside himself, he nods you can hear him say alright as he slides across the ring. He waits for Danny to get to his knees and boom, House Call.

Strickland goes for the cover, and this is over

No!

Strickland is on the ground and goes backwards. Hell, no he says this isn't happening. Strickland composes himself and waits once again for Black to get up and goes for another House Call. Danny though catches him with a roll up in mid air turns it into a school boy.

No!

Danny Black "the kid without fear" waste no time as he climbs to the top rope and looks for a Swanton Bomb,

No.

Strickland moves out of the way, he grabs Danny and superkicks him before hitting a modify stunner that drops him to the mat.

Strickland climbs to the top rope and connects with a new move he calls "The Label Drop"
(Reverse 450 Double Foot Stomp To The Back)

He pins Danny.

Winner:
Shane Strickland

After the match the two men shake hands with Strickland giving props to Danny Black.​

tumblr_ookssstK3G1qe7906o1_500.gifv

493d18a53c8d3075c897912f70f4aeb0d8c2a077.gifv

tegan-nox-wrestler.gif

Screenshot (449).png

Nixon Newell, Spud, and Mark Andrews are seen holding sledgehammers, and standing in front of a wall there are echoes heard with them being told about how they are always been the underdogs. They show clips of each throughout their careers with them coming up short to them winning with some success. This leads to them hitting the wall over and over before the camera pans out to the bricks that are on the ground read Underdog United coming soon to Progress.

Match Three:
Atlas Tournament Rd1
Eddie Dennis w/Big Damo vs. Charlie Sterling
1bfed94a89d4cab6a09ed7510722ee89bc3cecd8.gifv

tumblr_posejlv1xF1s05wxzo1_400.gifv

End Of Match: This ends up being a squash match because Eddie Dennis has a behemoth of a man ringside with him like a rabid animal who lost all of his sanity he's foaming from the mouth and while the ref back is turn Damo his Ulster Plantation before tossing Sterling back in the ring Eddie Dennis then connects with a Spinning Big Boot to get the three.

Winner:
Eddie Dennis

Match Four:
#1 Contender's Match For Progress Tag Team Championship
Lykos Gym vs. Agile Airlines vs. Time-Splitters
Entrance%2B2.gif

gifit_1623283963627.gif

L22FynB.gif

kushida-alex-shelley.gif

End Of Match: This has been a fast pace high flying affair as we pick up with Andrew, Shelley, and Kid Lykos I in the ring trading armbars and Andrew springboards off the ropes for a moonsault with Shelley catching him with a german wait no, Kid Lykos has a sleeper hold applied on Shelley. Andrew is able to reverse it into a bulldog that sends both men crashing down. Dante is tagged in along with Lykos II. Shelley tries to make the tag but, Martin with a running tornado ddt that dropkicks Kushida to the outside. Martin tosses Lykos II to the outside and Andrew is back in the ring. Andrew tells something to Martin who nods and Martin bounces off the ropes and comes back where Andrew bends over allowing Martin to springboard off of him with a corkscrew senton to the outside taking out everyone. Andrew then bounces off the ropes himself where he leaps to the top rope and dives to the outside with a shooting star press to the outside. The match settles down a little after this when another dive fails Andrew on Kid Lykos allowing KUSHIDA to lock in the armbar to get the submission.

Winner:
New #1 Contenders Time Splitters​

We come back from the break to see that William Regal, Matt Marquee, and Jon Bailey are at the announce table show us a unique video package where Paige shows up on the screen to announce that she is coming to Progress in a few weeks where she will bringing in a new wrestler to the promotion.

original.gif

Match Five:
ACH vs. Chuck Mambo
tumblr_ompjnzLZtH1sbzhteo1_500.gifv

Taunt.gif

End Of Match: It was a pretty good match going back and forth until the lights go out in the arena and then in the middle of the ring lays Warren Banks to the confusion of everyone and around the ring in red substance reads The Freak Show. ACH uses the distraction to get the three.

Winner:
ACH​

Main Event
Progress Unified World Championship Match
Cara Noir (c) vs. Spike Trivet
cara-noir-wrestling.gif

PoliteNaturalDegus-size_restricted.gif

End Of Match: Spike has been using every dirty tactic in his arsenal to take control in this match going as far as to try and to use expose turnbuckle to try and break the fingers of Noir . Noir is in serious pain, The Black Swan maybe in his last act as he is lifted up for a german suplex head first off of the expose turnbuckle. Noir is holding his head a red blood dripping to the mat before Spike goes for the cover only getting a one count. Spike is pissed, he grabs Noir by the back of his head to get him to his knees slapping him across the face over and over. Spike is screaming at Noir grabbing him setting up for a double underhook GTS, however Noir reverses it and hits a wicked Euro Uppercut before launching himself at Spike with a shotgun dropkick to the outside. Noir decides that he isn't done he waits for Spike to come up before suicide dive to the outside....

No...

He turns the dive into a DDT to the outside on Spike. Noir grabs Spike and sends him headfirst off the ring post, then again and again an anger takes over The Black Swan. Noir sends him to the apron goes for a dragon suplex off of the apron,

No!

Spike reverses it with a elbow to the head, Noir is hunched over the send rope, Spike springboard over and curbs stomp into the mat.

Noir is pinned

One,

Two,

Three.

No!

Noir gets his foot on the rope and you can see Spike immediately go for another Double Underhook GTS attempt. Yes he connects.

One

Two

Three!

No!

Noir kicks out.

Spike grabs him again, slapping his face over and over to the point Noir's face paint is coming off you can see Spike's hand cover in paint.

Spike is screaming at Noir. No, I am better than you, I am better than all of you. I will look at you from my tower with your championship Cara. You can't ignore me. You won't win. Cara Noir answers him with a headbutt that dazes Spike, Cara turns it into a rear naked choke and this one is over.

Winner:
Cara Noir by Submission

After the match, Cara Noir holds his title and just stares down at Spike whose ego once again was his downfall. Spike spent weeks trying to get in Noir's head and in the end, it was Cara that got into Spike's. Cara is about to leave the spotlight firmly on him as he hits the ramp, the spotlight turns to a face camera .

The crowd freaks out and making his Progress debut is the former WWE superstar Tyler Breeze the two of them trade a look with one another. Jon Bailey tells us that he heard rumors that Tyler was coming to England but, he notices that Tyler's jacket reads Tyler Gorgeous. Tyler and Noir are face to face with one another as we end the show.

tyler-breeze-entrance.gif

Take with grain of salt as i forgot to sign a ref had to use my ava.
Screenshot (451).png

Reactions: Death By Looch