Officials deny Bobby Lashley vs. Tim Hague booked for Shark Fights 21 headliner

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

Biggest Mistakes in WWE history

1.) Not booking Hogan vs Flair for Wrestlemania 8. It would have been huge and probably would have convinced Flair to stay with WWF instead of moving back to WCW.

2.) Not booking Hogan vs Hart back in 1993. This could have been another huge match; a passing of the torch. I've read the reasons why this didn't happen and they suck.

3.) Not booking Austin vs Hogan for Wrestlemania 18. Austin's injuries were known to WWE at the time, so they must have realised that it was potentially the last opportunity they had to book this match. Rock vs Hogan was a big deal, but as they could easily have saved this match for a later date.

4.) The Invasion angle in 2001. It just flopped, didn't it!? Personally, if I was McMahon, I wouldn't have broadcast that I owned WCW until after the angle was over. It would have been a lot more entertaining watching WCW guys appear on Raw and WWE guys appear on Nitro for a while, not knowing the score.

5.) Keeping ECW as a non hardcore show. This didnt benefit WWE with anything as it looks as a carbon copy for the other 2 shows. So why holding on to ECW? i cant see any benefit.

The Anigma

Reaction score
I agree with the Invasion angle flopping...for some reason I always thought it would be interesting for them to keep WCW alive and just rebuild it.

ECW really is a waste considering it's not ECW. There's rarely an extreme rules match and as you said it's a carbon copy of Raw and Smackdown except it's an hour long instead of two and there isn't much star power on ECW as well.

Another mistake WWE made was having Kane's mask taken off...it just killed his character in my opinion.

Turning Orton face after he won the World Heavyweight Championship...that whole title run was a joke...they should have kept him heel, have him "takeover" Evolution from HHH and turn HHH face at least that's what I would have done...

there's plenty more I just can't think of them right now...

Defiant One

Reaction score
Reviving the NWO in 2002 the way they did in my mind could have been done alot differently. I would've been sure Hall was 100% in the right frame of mind, before going on with the storyline. To me without all three dominating it just didnt work.

DX 06 had several problems to me but the biggest was perhaps booking. They had far too many matches against the Spirit Squad, and the the DX feud didnt really get good until the HIAC match with Big Show and the McMahons against DX. Then DX went finally began to feud with good stars (Edge and Orton) To me it wouldve made more sense to have this feud sooner or at least cut the Spirit Squad feud short.

Squashing the CW division
Making the IC Title Division a joke
Not developing a real Tag division (these are all more recent things but still)

Y2J, Benoit, and Kane each only having 1 World Title reign

Kane being unmasked

Pushing Lesnar too soon (at least in my mind)

The Anigma

Reaction score
giving Marella the IC title the way they did they could've just brought him in as some rookie...what happened to him anyway? he was supposedly feuding with Masters and then they just dropped it recently...

Defiant One

Reaction score
I think they still are feuding but last week they used Masters to job to Lashley. I thought Umaga should have dropped the belt but giving it to some "fan" lowers it significantly. They should have just introduced Santino as a rookie like Anigma said.

Having Cena dominate everyone on Raw is a bad idea to me, cuz now he has no real credible challengers.

A pretty big mistake was letting Christian go.

Not booking HBK vs The Rock that match wouldve been huge. And it was possible for them to book it 02 when HBK came back and before 03 when Rock left, or maybe WMXX. A match ive always wanted to see.

The Anigma

Reaction score
HBK vs. Rock would have been great but they were already in their respective feuds by WMXX

Vince McMahon starting the XFL was a mistake...in my opinion because all the media outlets and people that hated WWE just jumped on it...now if they didn't have The Rock and all these other wrestlers involved with it...maybe it could have had some success...

another screwed up mistake was the whole Katie Vick storyline that was just stupid and they didn't even need that storyline...it just made HHH and Kane look stupid as well...at least I think so

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
ECW being non - hardcore was a mistakr
Ortons 1 month title run should of been longer
They should of never let Cena become what he is today
Pushing Lashley as much as they did.
Bringing in the wellness policy as late as they did.... it killed Eddie and possibly many more
Taking the belt off of RVD
Not giving Flair/HBK another Title run

these are all recent probably because back from like 1997- 2002 it was great with little mistakes.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
1. Kane's title run being a day
2. Not pushing Shelton, Christian and other guys when they had the chance.
3. Not Giving Flair one last title run
4. Giving up on Paul Heyman several times
5. Having Owen Hart do the stunt that killed him
6. Should've reformed DX when NWO was reformed

RingDeath

Reaction score
Biggest Mistakes

Moving the WWF title in Sept. 1992 from Flair to Hart without a long feud and storyline. McMahon wanted to go with the younger Hart who also carried the WWF brand as opposed to Flair's NWA pedigree. Fine, but the way he did it deprived the wrestling world of what could have been one of its most memorable series of classic matches. Having Flair drop it in some backwater town in front of a few hundred of Bret's fellow Canadian's was a boneheaded waste of a potential extraveganza. There should have been a series of matches and title exchanges culminating in a loser leaves at the next Wrestlemania with Hart winning.

CenaMark54

In my humble opinion, the way they have handled Orton is the biggest mistake in WWE history.

The guy was set to be the man. He was the most over wrestler of 2004. He was imporving in the ring and gaining more and more confidence each week.

Since the summer of 2004, it has been one mistake after another.

1. Turning face the night after winning the title with no build up.
2. Losing the title on his first defense.
3. Having him suck up the crowd and seeking the help of his fellow faces.
4. Turning him into a pussy heel.
5. Having daddy come in and be his manager.
6. Losing a year long feud to the Undertaker.
7. Losing at WM 22 after he reclaimed his spot as a top heel.
8. Losing to Hogan at Summerslam 06
9. Making him Edge's lackey in a terribly drawn out feud with DX.

Over the course of three years, they have turned a potential huge draw into a jobber to the stars. Not only that, but the guy has seemed to have lost all of the confidence he had shown in 2004. Now some of the blam can be put squarly on Orton's shoulders, but the foundation of the downfall was set by the WWE.

As you all know, I'm a huge Orton mark and I still have faith in his abilities. He remains a main eventer and is still over. However, it is going to take a lot of work to build him back up to the spot he was in 2004.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
1)Giving Rey Mysterio the HWT title
2) Letting John Cena be almost invincible
3) Doig the stunt to kill Owen Hart
4)Giving Edge the HWT title
5) Ortons 1 month title run
6)Batista having the HWT title twice and Benoit only once( Big Mistake Benoit should have it more than once)
7) Chris Jericho only having the title once
8)Giving Santino Morella the IC championship
9) Vince the ECW HWT champion
10) (Something most recent) Having Charlie Hass and Shelton Benjamin The Worlds Greatest Tag team--not having a good push

Reaction score
John Cena being superman.
HHH losing at WM22.
Orton's short title reign.
Benoit should be in the WHC scene.
Benjamin with the shitty push along with some other wrestlers.
I want to see ECW cancelled and a draft lottery.
I want to see TNA vs WWE Fued hopefully it will happen

Miller

Reaction score
1. Not making ECW like the old orginal ECW
2. Waiting so long on bringing DX back.
3. Not bringing X Pac and others to join DX
4. Not giving Kane a true title reign
5. Making the IC Title and Cruiserweight Title look like a joke lately.

Reaction score
Amongst everything already stated, The McMahons hoarding T.V time for themselves with stupid rehash after stupid rehash of the Austin feud with whatever random main eventer Vince fancied a feud with. It got old after three years of Austin-McMahon, what made them think I'd want to see the same feud with Hogan, HBK, Flair, and whomever the fuck they dug up. That time should have been spent pushing the young talent for times such as these when everyone of the older stars are breaking down and the giant void in the main event scene would be better filled by an over Shelton Benjamin, Rob Conway, or Carlito instead of Khali and Mark Henry. We should have been talking about the talent influx in 2004 so that we could be talking about how awesome the main event scene is today instead of waiting for how awesome it's going to be in 2009.