Officials apparently on the fence on Cesaro

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
WWE officials are said to be on the fence about SmackDown Superstar Antonio Cesaro, formerly known as Claudio Castagnoli on the independents. He's considered by some to be a "now or never" talent and the hope is that he will have a breakout moment here soon.

Give him a feud and a more clear cut gimmick and the guy will get over. Simple as that.

source

Reactions: Snowman1

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Improve his mic skills. For now I'd just give him the United States championship to at least give him some screen time, and hopefully they'd improve his skills too so he cut better promos. If not, take the belt away in a couple of months giving it to someone else then just give him a tag team partner.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He's great in the ring.. but I agree with Crayo he and Hero should have never been split up.. why the fuck would WWE rather have two guys nobody will care about instead of pushing those two as the next face of the tag team division? It's pointless

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Whatever Hero's chances are you can add them up with Claudio's chances, multiply them by two and they still don't have half the chance they had of succeeding as a team. WWE just doesn't want to commit to the tag division

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm happy with them as singles guys just because of the fucking tag script they'd have to deal with.

They better get off the fence quickly, I've never seen WWE drop the ball on the guy as quickly as they have with Cesaro.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Bring back his old Military gimmick from FCW and have him be a more vicious guy and hook him up with a manager (paging AW). If they run the hinted feud with Christian I think it can get him over just on his ring work. How the hell did they think having a guy introduce himself in five languages would get him heat?

Stopspot

Reaction score
In a way I'd say his introduction was probably fucked up since it was connected to the whole Johnny Ace as GM story, with Cesaro being the foil to Long. When the Ace story was cut short Cesaro's was as well.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, when he started speaking the 5 languages I thought the exact same thing: He's not getting heat for that. Well, anyway, he can work very well but he's not a good speaker, so a manager would be nice. I don't know, I don't think they've started things very well with him but it's not that bad either. A manager (who can speak, not Aksana) could help.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JoeRulz said:
If WWE "creatives" F*** him up, then they are REALLY REALLY useless. Castagnoli is a tremendous talet.

Quite interested on how you'd book him. He sucks at talking, so would you perhaps align a manager with him? Or put him back with Hero? OR something else?