Official "UFC 88: Breakthrough" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

[yt]U3cXlPPNT7w[/yt]​

UFC returns to PPV September 6th with UFC 88: Breakthrough headlined by Chuck "the Iceman" Liddell vs. Rashad Evans!

UFC.jpg

UFC2.jpg

UFC3.jpg

UFC4.jpg

Qwake

This looks alright, I am looking forward to the ICEMAN kicking ass :D I won't buy this PPV because alot of the fights I don't know to much about but I will download Chucks fight, could be great :)

xtremebadass

Yea not too many fights that I am looking at this time around. Chuck always puts on a good show and Rashad Evans is undefeated so that will be something to see. The outcome of that fight just might have title implecations. I am also interested in Rich Franklin's fight, he is one crazy bastard and I know Matt Hamill from the Ultimate Fighter, he is pretty good too. Karo's fight should be pretty decent, don't know his opponent.

I know Matt Brown, that guy is a psycho. He was dominant in the first like 2 TUF matches, but he lost to Amir which totally made me hate Amir even more.

xtremebadass

That jap is 10-0, yea looks like Matt Brown will be tapping out in September. I think there was a Dan Henderson fan here, was it you Christian? What kind of fighter is he? I never saw one of his fights. I hear he is good though.

J

Looks like a good PPV. Liddell and Franklin's matches are going to be good. Doesn't look as good as the one last night. But I'm still going to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch next month.

xtremebadass

How much you have to pay to watch a fight at like a restaurant?

Reaction score
There's a lot of big names on this card but no big fights as other alluded to. I'm not that exicted for Liddlell/Evans. It's lacking that little extra edge. Chuck doesn't need superfights everytime. I was really into Liddell/Jardine last year.

xtremebadass

I just want to know if Liddell will win so he can go after Forrest Griffin, that would be sick. Yea, this PPV is lacking, I don't know, a title match. UFC doesn't have to have title matches to be good, Chuck could sell the PPV himself, but they do have alot of big names. Sure not everyone would know them, but they are huge stars within UFC, maybe not the rest of the MMA world.

PeepShow

I don't know who any of these guys are except Franklin and Liddell. I expect both of them to win easily, especially Liddell.

PeepShow

Nope. Just kinda got into UFC about a week ago. I watched Lesnar's first fight, but didn't really do anything after that with UFC till now. I'm starting to get into it more now.

xtremebadass

Rashad Evans won the Ultimate Figher. He is a great fighter. He has wins over Michael Bisping and Bonnar, well, they are also Ultimate Fighter winners, but yea. It's going to be something to see if he can keep his win streak intact.

McLovin

Reaction score
Yes, finally Liddell is back in the Octagon. It's been nearly a year since he lost the Decision to Jardine. I gotta say though if he loses this fight, it could be the end for his UFC Career and any contention of a Light Heavyweight SHot.

xtremebadass

Well the Lightheavyweight Division is stacked as it is. Eventhough Chuck is a fan favorite and everything. Nobody wants to follow a loser. If Chuck does in fact lose, it might open the door to the next generation of light heavyweight champs. Look at this, Wanderlei Silva, Rampage, Forrest, Evans, Jardine, it's simply stacked. I am not saying I want Chuck to lose, but maybe this is the final lap for him around the track.