Official "UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

[YT]699RJm9AXCg[/YT]

UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera
LIVE! FREE! on SPIKETV November 14!

UFC_105_Couture_vs_Vera_poster.jpg

Official Fight Card:

MAIN EVENT
Randy "The Natural" Couture (16-10) vs. Brandon "The Truth" Vera (11-3)

CO-MAIN EVENT
Mike "Quick" Swick (14-2) vs. "The Outlaw" Dan Hardy (22-6-0 1 NC)

Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang
James Wilks vs. Matt Brown
Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley

UNDERCARD:
Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty
Paul Taylor vs. John Hathaway
Nick Osipczak Vs. Matthew Riddle
Paul Kelly Vs. Dennis Siver
Alexander Gustafsson Vs. Jared Hamman
Andre Winner Vs. Rolando Delgado​

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
ugh...

it's free, so that's all that matters..

xtremebadass

THAT'S RIGHT! There should be no UFC fan who will nto watch it, it's FREAKIN FREE

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Also, i noticed Bisping is their with his team-mates from TUF.

Total awesomeness.

Klide

Not only pumped for vera match but for swick and hardy thats gonna ne a sick match.

phantomgerald

The rest of the card looks alright, but the main event is absolute shit. Couture and Vera should be a co main-event type match

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I always take advantage of UFC on free tv no matter the card. Main card is meh but I'm loving Nick Osipczak Vs. Matthew Riddle, two of my favorites from TUF series.

Reaction score
its funny tho, we got Hendo/Jackson for free..
That's true, but there are some things to take into consideration. First off, while it was only a little over 2 years ago, the UFC has probably doubled their popularity since then, so they can throw a weak main event together with a pretty big name and people will still watch. You also have to remember that while it was a title fight, neither Jackson nor Hendo were considered big stars in the U.S. at the time. Jackson's star power was obviously growing since he had just defeated Liddell, but he was no where near the star he is today. And Henderson was fighting in the U.S. for the first time in 9 years, so unless you were a fan of Pride, you had probably never seen him fight before.

xtremebadass

I don't have a problem with it, it could have been a Fight Night LIVE, but since it's Couture they couldn't put Couture on a Fight Night.

I am pretty thrilled all around, we get Swick, Riddle, Couture, Vera, and a shit load of UK fighters, what a coincedence. UFC knows US wouldn't want to pay to see them!

xtremebadass

Couture got off on the right foot in the LHW Division. Vera looked pissed as hell after the fight because basically Couture pushed him against the fight the whole time. Vera got a couple good kicks which made Couture keel over, I was like WTF is he doing? I thought the fight was over, he was hurting, but he got back into it.

I can see Couture fighting Evans, Keith Jardine, or even...Anderson Silva next. Who knows! He has alot of good match ups coming up.

FUCK DAN HARDY. I HOPE GSP DESTROYS HIS ASS.