Official: The draft takes place on the first live Smackdown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The destiny of all WWE Superstars will be determined when SmackDown goes live for the first time ever Tuesday, July 19, at 8/7 C on USA Network. A WWE Draft will be conducted by respective General Managers to select which Superstars will compete exclusively on Monday Night Raw or SmackDown.

For the first time in history on back-to-back nights, these two distinctive brands (Monday Night Raw and Tuesday’s SmackDown) will compete with each other for television ratings, live events and pay-per-views.

“This is an exciting new era for WWE in which we will yet again reinvent ourselves by creating a second night of compelling live television,” said WWE Executive Producer Kevin Dunn.

“We’re already hearing the excitement among WWE fans for SmackDown’s new live format, and our audiences are eagerly anticipating the live Draft and what it means for their favorite Superstars,” said Chris McCumber, President, Entertainment Networks, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment.

Where will your favorite Superstars end up? Find out Tuesday, July 19, when SmackDown goes LIVE!
/wwe.com

There it is. Five days before Battleground. Interesting in regards to the Battleground card.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
I'll be at the second live Smackdown so this is gonna be big for me. lookin forward to it.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm hyped. I'm excited to finally see a watchable episode of SmackDown. This is gonna be great.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
SmackDown has been live before, no?

This is wicked nonetheless.
They had Super SmackDown. Those were like 4 times a year, but it hasn't been done since I think 2014.

Stopspot

Reaction score
SmackDown has been live before, no?

This is wicked nonetheless.
Like Tsar said, they've had a couple of live specials. Now it is going live full time

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
oh for fucks sakes, it's Raw monday, Smackdown tuesday, and then the rest of the shit throughout the week? Let me know when it happens and how it was, this is one of the main reasons I cannot watch wrestling. "Oh sorry friends who bartend and work restaurants (always sun/mon/tue off) I have wrestling to watch twice a month sunday, and weekly mon/tue. Who the fuck wants 3 days in a row? Honestly.

Stopspot

Reaction score
oh for fucks sakes, it's Raw monday, Smackdown tuesday, and then the rest of the shit throughout the week? Let me know when it happens and how it was, this is one of the main reasons I cannot watch wrestling. "Oh sorry friends who bartend and work restaurants (always sun/mon/tue off) I have wrestling to watch twice a month sunday, and weekly mon/tue. Who the fuck wants 3 days in a row? Honestly.
probably the wrestlers so they can have wednesday-friday off