NXT TakeOver: WarGames (2019) Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
No need to apologize lol. I was just fucking around with you, personally. I mean it's just wrestling man, it's not that deep.

Exactly. That's why I was like the fuck you quitting for lol

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So exactly how was it a good idea to have a team of 2 women beat a team of 4 women?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Good show overall. Each match delivered in my opinion.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
So exactly how was it a good idea to have a team of 2 women beat a team of 4 women?

Showed everyone Ripley is the next big thing in the women's division. Not saying it's the right choice. But that was the reason for it.

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Yeah that the negative I've been seeing from people on Social Media about the Match. I was fine with it, it shows Rhea and Candice are T-Bone Steak tough to find a way to win while also putting Rhea further on the map as a Superstar.

Last edited:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah that the negative I've been seeing from people on Social Media about the Match. I was fine with it, it shows Rhea and Candice are T-Bone Steak though to find a way to win while also putting Rhea further on the map as a Superstar.

It just makes the heels look absolutely terrible. You literally build up Shayna as the biggest threat in NXT and she can't win a 4 on 2 match. It also diminishes Dakota's heel turn because it shows they didn't need her anyway.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
It just makes the heels look absolutely terrible. You literally build up Shayna as the biggest threat in NXT and she can't win a 4 on 2 match. It also diminishes Dakota's heel turn because it shows they didn't need her anyway.
My favorite excuse is it's wrestling.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Well it wasn't like it was easy though all the ladies were drained and one little opening with the Cuffs for Rhea helped them out to. I would say too Shayna I completely forgot she was in there compared to her partners who killed it I feel especially Io.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Thoughts:

Women's War Games: Awesome match. The heel turn was incredibly well done. Made Dakota look like a nutjob. Thought it was stupid that the faces won. It certainly made them look strong but it made the heels look very weak. Bianca, Io, and Shayna are supposed to be the baddest of the bad and can't win a four on two match? I just hope they make Rhea Ripley the next big thing now.

Triple threat: what a fucking match. These three men did everything and showed what a triple threat match could be if done right. I almost want to call it the match of the night but war games...

Finn Balor vs Matt Riddle: Another great match. Actually thought it should've been a little better. Should have gotten another five minutes. Wouldn't have impacted the ppv if they let this match go longer. Probably the worst match of the night but that's not saying much considering lol

Men's War Games: obviously they tore it up. All men looked great. KO I thought was a great mystery partner. Final spot at the end with UE all going through tables was brilliant and that final final spot was insane. Fucking 20 foot drop. I'm glad the faces won cause UE didn't need it.

Overall an amazing show which continues NXT's momentum.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well it wasn't like it was easy though all the ladies were drained and one little opening with the Cuffs for Rhea helped them out to. I would say too Shayna I completely forgot she was in there compared to her partners who killed it I feel especially Io.

And also the whole "they were just trying to build up Rhea" is silly because you don't look weak by losing a 4 on 2 match lmao. If they had her fight until the end and then lose no one would hold it against her lol. Like I said I just hope WWE gives her a monster push now.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Awesome show overall, each match delivered imo. I popped big for KO and his old school NXT shirt (I still have that shirt).

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Great fuckin shit out of this show. Every match delivered for me and then some, especially the triple threat and women's WarGames match, which was somehow crazy fuckin' entertaining despite being 4-on-2 and I'll give Rhea and Candice a ton of credit for that, just great stuff all around from them. KO's return was awesome as well, I was really expecting Dream and would have loved that but I'm glad that since it wasn't him it was someone that I was pleasantly surprised to see and it made since in storyline as well.