NXT star to get name change before call up?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Several people were under the impression that Ricky Steamboat's angle with Santino Marella and Wade Barrett on RAW was being done to introduce his son Richie Steamboat to the main roster. However, a source reported on Tuesday that they are talking about changing Richie's name before bringing him to the main roster. Richie may be finishing up his time in NXT soon

Richie "The Gekko" Biplane?

Read more

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Maybe they'll have him grow a beard and call him: Richie "The Bearded Dragon" Steamboat.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Maybe they'll have him grow a beard and call him: Richie "The Bearded Dragon" Steamboat.

336adf73cc3a034cbcf6515d761f28b2.jpg

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:

E already has a bearded Dragon :pity1:

:goatface:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Apparently, they don't like putting second/third generation superstars with their original names (which is one of the reasons McGillicutty isn't Joe Hennig, and guys like Rhodes, Orton and DiBiase debuted before this "rule" came into effect), so I'm not surprised.