NXT Clash of the Champions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Well, it may be a good show, but the name was a WCW's PPV name so...

Can NXT be the new WCW brand?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
No. It won't be the new WCW.

NXT is the developmental system and is showing no signs of becoming anything else.

This themed episode which will air in two weeks is a tribute to the old ppv. Nothing more. It might become a re occuring thing but since NXT isn't on American TV I doubt it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Off-topic: Could Smackdown become more of a WCW-type show? Would give people a reason to watch.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Bully Rain said:
Off-topic: Could Smackdown become more of a WCW-type show? Would give people a reason to watch.

Could you explain your definition of a WCW-type show?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Could you explain your definition of a WCW-type show?

Raw and Smackdown basically feel like the same show, minus the blue ropes and the little bits-and-pieces of technical issues that comes from taping TV. Would be cool to see Smackdown take more production concepts from Nitro.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Bully Rain said:
Raw and Smackdown basically feel like the same show, minus the blue ropes and the little bits-and-pieces of technical issues that comes from taping TV. Would be cool to see Smackdown take more production concepts from Nitro.

I see. It could definitely work, but I don't think Vince would give it a chance. Especially with the brand extension all but dead. I would actually enjoy having them be completely separate shows, with separate rosters, production, and announcers. That way you could alternate which brand gets a generic PPV, then have both brands appear on the big 4.