NWA Starrcade 87: Chi-Town Heat and WWF Armageddon 2000 mega Christmas double watch along!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Rikishi's bright green robe is burning my brain!!!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Top ref Tim White five years before his suicide. See the HITC even has negative effects on the refs:lmao

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The King's Lloyd's of London gag!:D

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Austin and HHH had such great chemistry. Hard to know if I prefer them against each other or as a team. Loved their No Way Out 01 match.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
How dumb did they just make Rikishi look?:hmm:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Now I wonder if that truck may come into play later?....:lmao

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Love that Austin camera shot on HHH! Now their fighting on scrap cars, "THIS IS ARMAGEDDON!!!:mark:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The camera work and production for this match is first class.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Can you fly Rikishi?!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Kurt's so smart! Using one of those three I's to perfect effect:dancing:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Great headliner with a red hot crowd. The best thing about it was that there was true suspense over who was going to win or at least there was 18 years ago...

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Right so my final ratings and rundown for both events. I liked enjoyed both even if Armgeddon took a bit of time getting going.

Starrcade 87

1. Six Man match: Eddie Gilbert, Larry Zbyszko and Rick Steiner (W/Baby Doll) battled to a time limit draw against Sting, and the Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin & Michael Hayes) (W/Precious) ***

2. Dr. Death Steve Williams retained the UWF Title against Barry Windham ***

3. The Rock 'N' Roll Express defeated The Midnight Express (W/Jim Cornette and Big Bubba Rogers) in the First Ever Skywalkers match. ***

4. Nikita Koloff pinned Terry Taylor to Unify the NWA and UWF Television Titles **1/2

5. Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard (W/James J. Dillon) retained the tag titles by DQ against The Road Warriors (W/Paul Ellering) ***1/2

6. Dusty Rhodes beat Lex Luger (W/James J. Dillon) to win the U.S. Title in a Career VS. Title Steel cage match ****

7. Ric Flair (W/James J. Dillion) regained the NWA Title against Ron Garvin in a Steel Cage match ****

Event Rating: ****

Armageddon 2000

1. The Radicialz (Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerreo and Perry Saturn) (W/Terri) beat Lita and Team Xtreme (Lita, Matt & Jeff Hardy) in a intergender elimination tag match ***

2. William Regal retained his European Title against Hardcore Holly *1/2

3. Val Venis (W/Ivory) defeated Chyna **

4. Chris Jericho bested Kane in a Last Man Standing Match ***1/2

5. Edge and Christian won a Fatal Four way match for the WWF Tag titles against The Dudley Boyz, K-Kwik and Road Dog and Right to Censor (Bull Buchanan and The Goodfather) ***

6. Chris Benoit won the Intercontinental Title by Submission against Billy Gunn **1/2

7. Ivory retained the WWF Women's Title in a triple threat match defeating Molly Holly and Trish Stratus *1/2

8. Kurt Again retained the WWF Championship pinning Stone Cold Steve Austin in a six man Hell in the Cell match which also featured The Rock, Triple H, The Undertaker and Rikishi ****

Event rating: ***

My next PPV double will be a Royal Rumble special later in the month. At the moment I am planning the Rumble 94 and 07.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I haven't seen this show but I've never seen a Benoit match cut from the network so that's odd

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I haven't seen this show but I've never seen a Benoit match cut from the network so that's odd

I thought the same. The only thing I can think is its because he wins with the crossface which they may see as mirroring the real life incident too much. Then again I'm sure there's other matches on the Network in which he uses it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
:hmm:My mistake it is on there I'm watching it now...:oops: Don't know how I missed it...

JR knocking Gunn for being a champion wearing earrings is funny:lmao

Original post has been updated!

Last edited: