Nuclear Heat On Brock Lesnar: Backstage News On His WWE Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
For those wondering why there has been no mention of Brock Lesnar on WWE television over the last couple weeks, there is said to be "nuclear heat" on Lesnar, some of which stems his recent appearance at the UFC 146 pay-per-view.

Brock Lesnar visited the event and met with UFC President Dana White without the advance knowledge of Vince McMahon. Even before the UFC incident, Lesnar has been extremely difficult to deal with behind the scenes. Lesnar was high maintenance during his first run with the company nearly a decade ago. Now, he's back, making much more money and working far fewer dates.

WWE has taken a few shots at Lesnar on television in recent weeks, including the Big Show's promo talking about being a "fighter, not a sports entertainer" and Triple H's taped promo on RAW where he was not wearing an arm brace to sell Lesnar's recent attack.

WWE has had to deal with contract negotiations with megastars before (The Rock, Steve Austin), but Lesnar is a different animal because he does not like the wrestling business and has the option of going back to UFC to make huge money to fight a few more times.

Instead of keeping Brock Lesnar's character on television through video packages or appearances by Paul Heyman, he's now off the radar entirely until it's time for WWE to start building towards his match against Triple H at SummerSlam.

After SummerSlam, Lesnar is not expected to make any more appearances for many months. It's known that Lesnar's contract requires very few appearances - and it's now believed that the number of required dates is even fewer than previously reported. He is not scheduled to wrestle at Survivor Series and might not be back until 2013. It's known whether he'll even be at the Royal Rumble, so right now, the only events that are locked in are SummerSlam and WrestleMania 29.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

:upset:

MarkyMark

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I wish they would still do something with Heyman. Make him GM. Let him manage another star. Anything, the guy is gold.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'll lol hard if he tries to go back to the UFC. He's not the same guy that he was in his prime.. he is just a 280 lb punching bag in MMA at this point

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Bork is so weird.. Dude can't do business.. :facepalm1:

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
:cry: dammit another superstar basically gone.
At least we still have :eek:tunga:

Heyman should manage Ryback?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
Bork is so weird.. Dude can't do business.. :facepalm1:

He knows he is a mega star so he acts like a diva.

Vince being butt hurt about him going to a UFC event is bogus though. Lay off the crack Vince

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I have little respect for the personality of Brock to be honest. Either way, this pretty much guarantees HHH going over Brock at Summerslam then Lesnar returning at RTWM.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Kinda wished he'd go away and do other things with his life

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I have little respect for the personality of Brock to be honest. Either way, this pretty much guarantees HHH going over Brock at Summerslam then Lesnar returning at RTWM.

Personality? :haha:

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Crayo said:

Damn didnt think of that, Brock wont look strong at all going into Wrestlemania :facepalm1:

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I doubt he would stay in UFC even if he went back. After a few loses he would probaly end up leaving once more. Knowing him if he does go to the UFC and leave, he'll go to WWE or anything that's hot at the moment for attention.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So let me get this straight: WWE brings back one of their biggest stars, gives him loads of money and a very lucrative contract, and then uses him to put over the only two people that won't get any rub whatsoever from him?

#wwelogic

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Farooq said:
I doubt he would stay in UFC even if he went back. After a few loses he would probaly end up leaving once more. Knowing him if he does go to the UFC and leave, he'll go to WWE or anything that's hot at the moment for attention.

He could lose 10 fights in a row and uncle Dana would still book him for big fights. He is the biggest draw in UFC history.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Farooq said:

To be honest, losses won't affect him. If I were to make $400,000 for a fight I'd sure as hell not care if I won or lost.

Rainman said:
So let me get this straight: WWE brings back one of their biggest stars, gives him loads of money and a very lucrative contract, and then uses him to put over the only two people that won't get any rub whatsoever from him?

#wwelogic

This is what makes me sick. WWE are thinking of the now. Giving us these "dream" matches, top dog vs top dog, but in three or so years when HHH's quads finally give out and Cena is close to retirement, what the fuck are we left with?

It's disgusting to think HHH, a wrestler who doesn't even appear weekly or wrestle anymore is going to get a Lesnar rub. Not even the creative monkeys would have booked this, it stinks of HHH himself.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
He acts like a bitch about everything though. If it doesnt go his way in UFC he isn't going to stay.